Our organization is built by people and great teamwork. We are a truly global company and we believe in the advantage of diversity and together we create a workplace that brings the best out of everyone.
We believe in a sustainable future and with the global construction industry as our arena, we work together with our customers to turn this belief into reality for people everywhere. That is our purpose, and we live and breathe it, every day.
Who are we in E-mobility?
E-mobility is part of Sourcing Global Commodity (SGC) Team which manages Global Commodities for Volvo CE, such as Engines, Drivelines, Electronics and Connectivity systems, automation and software, Li-Ion batteries, Electric Motors, Under Carriage parts, Hydraulics Controls and Actuation, or Remanufacturing, Filters, Rims and Tyres.
The E-mobility Team is multinational, dynamic, highly motivated and driven group of people that are acting cross functionally around the world and support global vehicle electrification initiatives. We take care of all components/systems that are necessary to electrify our vehicles (starting from charging systems through Li-Ion batteries and converters to Electric Motors).
Position description and Job Summary
The role will support development and industrialization of electrified construction vehicles and requires technical and business expertise in international environment.
In this strategic position you will globally manage Power Conversion & Charging Systems segment which is critical for the electrified vehicles from a value chain and safety perspective.
You will work together with global E-mobility Team as well as internal and external stakeholders worldwide. This includes Volvo CE (Purchasing, Technology, Advanced Engineering), Suppliers but also other Volvo entities like Group Truck Purchasing or Penta to develop and deploy global commodity sourcing strategies for Power Conversion & Charging Systems segment (and other SGC given commodities if needed) in line with Global Volvo CE’s business requirements.
Electrification journey is taking off at rapid pace. Volvo CE strives to have the most competitive and innovative suppliers in our supplier pool. In order to secure this, your responsibility will be to search for, evaluate and introduce these suppliers to Volvo CE.
You will then work actively with these suppliers to achieve excellent relationships that can bring long term competitive edge to Volvo CE and our customers.
Being locally based in China, you will manage regional sourcing activities and projects but also own responsibility for global activities, strategic direction, proper commercial setup and right level of relationship with global stakeholders.
- Develop and deploy global sourcing strategies for Power Conversion & Charging Systems (and other SGC given commodities if needed),
- Global market analysis for commodities in scope (market dynamics, business intelligence, emerging technologies, suppliers’ dynamics, M&A’s),
- Identification, evaluation, development and management of suppliers fulfilling business needs,
- Strong involvement in defining future solutions together with Advanced Engineering, Technology and other stakeholders within Volvo Group,
- Evaluate technical solutions with a business mindset,
- Leading and coordinating global stakeholders to promote and secure Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) activities,
- Lead commercial negotiations with suppliers including implementation of full Volvo agreement package,
- Monitor overall QDCF Performance of assigned commodities,
- Conduct BRMs (Business Review Meetings) to review overall supplier performance relationship score and to align on common technology roadmaps
- Secure Intellectual Property (IP) rights for developed solutions,
- Work in accordance with Volvo CE processes, the Volvo Way, and Volvo values and behaviors,
Who are you?
We don’t know you yet, but if entrepreneurial spirit, adaptability, accountability, and an innovative and customer-focused mindset lights your inner fire, you might be the next player in our great team! You have great cooperative and communication skills as you are dealing with multiple contacts both outside and inside of your organization. You have the ability to lead and are not afraid of taking on responsibility and standing up for yourself. You are used to working in a multinational and multicultural environment.
You have a strategic mindset and as a person, you are target oriented and believe there is always room for improvements. You are well organized, structured and willing to take complex tasks.
You have true interest and sound knowledge of new emerging technologies related to vehicle electrification.
Who are you regarding experience:
- You have minimum 7 years of Purchasing or Business Development experience which includes: cost management, negotiations, development of sourcing strategies, operational & strategic supply management,
- You have solid understanding of relevant markets/industries and suppliers,
- an ideal candidate will possess relevant technical knowledge (e.g. on/off board chargers; DC/DC; DC/AC; AC/DC power converters)
- You have strong communication and negotiation skills + proven track record of delivering results,
- Fluent in written and spoken Chinese and English,
- Have working experience from Construction Equipment, Automotive or Charging/Power converters industry.
- University or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or similar
Are we the perfect match?
If your goal is to work in a high performing team aiming at world-class purchasing for future electric transport solutions, then do not hesitate and apply today. We are moving into the future and this is a chance to join us on our ride! Are you ready for the challenge?
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.