Location: Macungie, PA
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Schedule & Shift: Monday–Friday. (Hours subject to change based on production demands and seniority. Overtime is required)
Starting Compensation: $19.55 per hour for material technician and $20.50 for production technician, plus 6% shift differential (for 2nd & 3rd shift), along with a comprehensive benefits package and tuition cost assistance up to $7,500 per year
As a Production Technician you will be responsible for working on our assembly lines in the production of heavy-duty trucks. Positions require to:
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
- Use of air and hand tools, torque equipment, the reading of blueprints, truck specification sheets, and job instructions.
- Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of our customers and plant operations.
- Work as part of a team in the production of our vehicles.
As a Material Technician you will be responsible for working on our assembly lines in the production of heavy-duty trucks. Positions require to:
- May be required to operate a forklift, cherry picker, tuggers, high stackers
- Read and understand order tickets
Successful candidates must:
- Be able to lift up to 50lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Be flexible to work first, second, and/or third shift
- Be able to work in a standing, bending, and/or stretching position.
- Be able to have regular and punctual attendance
- Be able to work any company assigned shift – first, second, and third shift
- Have a High School Diploma/equivalent or higher education.
- Have a stable work history.
!! APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT ANY MACK LOCATIONS !!
We support a drug-free work environment and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.