Join our Ipswich team now!
Working a rotating shift earlies/lates - 0600hrs to 1400hrs/1400hrs to 2200hrs - alternative Saturdays @ overtime when work permits.
As a Technician you will ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish, to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures and in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with Volvo Standard Times using Volvo Special Tools where appropriate.
- Assist in the fault diagnosis process. Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair.
- Assist with Action Service Europe when required.
- Work with the parts team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted to the vehicles.
- Road test vehicle when required (if holder of HGV licence).
- Assist with roadside breakdowns.
- Ensure that the company time recording procedures are complied with and that job cards are completed accurately
- Ensure that service sheets are completed as per Volvo instructions.
- Ensure that all vehicle defects are reported to your workshop controller
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained, reflecting the Volvo Truck and Bus Centre image of an efficient and modern retail Dealer point.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
- Support the development of any young trainees and apprentices
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Technically competent in the repair and maintenance of HGVs
- To effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally and be an active team member.
- To develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes
- To adapt and take on new skills and approaches and participate in training and development activities.
Required knowledge & experience:
- City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent
- Completed an apprenticeship in HGV industry or equivalent experience
- Experience within the commercial vehicle industry.
As part of the Volvo Trucks team, you’ll be working for one of the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers. But not only that, you’ll be working for a company that truly values the people who work for it.
- Competitive salary, OT and Bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Health Care Plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on Volvo and Renault cars for friends and family
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.