Our highly successful and busy Tipton Dealership has created a new position for an experienced Technician Supervisor.
Working closely with the team in order to create high levels of morale and focus to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and with excellence in quality.
Effective communication with the Workshop Controller and CSR’s to ensure that technicians have valid job specifications and time budget prior to work commencing.
Ensuring that customer expectations are managed at all times by working with each stage of the service process.
Maximising the shifts performance through effective problem solving, coaching & development
- Supervise a team of technicians ensuring that work is carried out as efficiently as possible
- To ensure that you and your team are following the Service Process Maps
- Proactively select and develop lead/master technician to be able to stand in for specified supervisory tasks during times of peak activity.
- Agree resource plans with Workshop Controller (and actions to handle peaks in workload) and anticipate resourcing issues in advance
- Ensure technicians are fully briefed on job requirements and budgets per up-front job specifications
- Manage workshop work-in-progress versus job specification time budgets and provide timely updates on progress to CSR (or customer when out of hours
- Manage job issues / problems in real time to control the quality of the repair and minimise variances versus budgets
- Provide diagnostic and technical assistance to technicians to speed fault diagnosis and accurately specify repair solutions
- Specify repair solutions to facilitate the production of quotes / works orders using chassis-specific IMPACT job content / packages
- Specify repair solutions for defects / minor defects found during service or other planned work
- Ensure time recording procedures are complied with including correct use of X codes as per productivity policy
- Ensure timely hand over of completed, fully specified jobs to CSR for invoicing
- Carry out effective shift hand over including any outstanding repair order & customer issues
- Check that all work is supported by formal customer authorisation prior to starting
- Ensure the shift team work to the criteria laid down in the Company Health and Safety policy
- Be responsible for the Workshop environment, special tools & equipment used during the shift & report any deficiencies.
- Significant experience of working as a HGV technician
- Good knowledge of VOSA requirements and MOT testers manual.
- An understanding of Operators Licence Laws and Regulations
- Warranty & Contract scope & procedures
- The application of Standard Times
- Knowledge of workshop KPI’s
- An in-depth understanding of the Service Process stages relevant to the role
- An appreciation of our customers, the environment in which they operate and the direct impact we can have on their business
- Technical product knowledge
- City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent in HGV Vehicle Technology
- To be able to manage and motivate a team of technicians in their daily activities
- To be able to coach and provide support and guidance to your team of technicians.
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- To have questioning, listening & information gathering skills
- To be able to work in an organised & methodical manner ensuring that all daily tasks are completed
- To be able to modify your approach in specific circumstances to ensure a positive outcome
- To be able to understand & analyse technical issues & propose appropriate solutions
- To be able to delegate work to the appropriate personnel
- To be able to operate GDS and Impact systems, specific to the process stages
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- To always conduct yourself in a professional manner
- Flexible and positive approach to changing workload and priorities.
- To be able to remain level headed in a fast paced working environment
- Attention to detail
- Proactive approach to managing workshop
- Team Orientated
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Since 1894, Renault Trucks supplies transport professionals with robust tools and robust relationships. The vehicles (from 2.8 to 120 tons) and services offering are adapted to different transport applications and contribute to reduce customers’ operational costs. With Renault Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.