Local and Global Functional Manager Electrical /Electronics – Cost Engineering
Cost engineers general information
The Cost Engineering department is a finance function working primarily with manufacturing Engineering / tool design, with the main responsibility to calculate part cost and investment thru out the development process.
We follow the development process from advanced engineering phase /concept selection working intimately with engineering and design providing part cost and investment for the designs as they progress. In sourcing of the parts we provide the buyers with well-defined Cost Objectives and are an active partner in achieving the set objectives.
Another large part of our work scope is the change management after supplier selections, calculating and setting cost objectives for engineering changes.
In this work it’s important to cooperate with many different parts of our organization such as purchasing, engineering, project leaders, module managers and of course your colleagues within the Controlling & Strategy department.
We are now looking for a Global Functional / Local Manager Electrical / Electronics
Profile: Manager Electrical /Electronics – Cost Engineering
As global Cost Engineering Manager EE you will be reporting to the Director Cost Engineering and will be responsible of leading the global team. The main responsibility will be securing the deliverables from Early Phases and into the maintenance and at the same time developing the team capabilities further.
The team members are today located in Bangalore, Lyon and Gothenburg
Description of work
- Lead the team in the Cost management process at component and part level from early phases and into maintenance.
- Drive strong team and cross functional work with Product development a Purchasing with consistent and robust deliverables.
- Secure cost calculation data to global product Cost Controller team according to set plans – so that these can be in line with MDT and HDT truck range deliverables.
- Develop further a highly competent and motivated Cost Engineering organization driven by competence and experience
- Manage the local team HR process – Team building, people development, hiring, contractors/Consultants, resource planning, training, etc.
- Secure that the Cost engineering team is a “One Stop Shop” for part cost and vendor tooling cost calculations in all required processes in the GDP to Product development, Purchasing and financial processes.
- Contribute and drive the development and robustness of internal /external IT tools
- Be a strong driver and contributor in the total Global Cost Engineering Team of tools and processes both internally and externally.
- Degree in Electromechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experienced manager with documented leadership skills
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Experience in building strong highly motivated /competent teams
- Experience in working internationally and multi-cultural
- Fluent in written and spoken English
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.