Senior Drawing Checker
Product Structure is part of Vehicle Strategy & Integration team within GTT. We are responsible to secure right quality of technical documentation & to ensure that all projects follow the PDM logic.
Design Verification team within Product Structure is responsible to secure the design and the design documentation comply with applicable standards, instructions and guidelines. We are working globally with all sites & involved in both new vehicle program & Maintenance projects.
We are looking for a key player who has the ability to build trust and to manage networking across the engineering team.
Drawing checker will be responsible to check & validate all the drawings.
For this position the main responsibilities are:
- To check & approve drawings according to various manufacturing process
- Validate drawings as per standard GD&T guidelines
- Follow the release process, Process Instructions, GDIs and ISO Standards
- Provide knowledge and expertise to engineering departments in Drawing Methodology
- Mush have global mindset to collaborate & work with engineers from different commodities with in BLR & other global sites.
- Take ownership in developing engineering process & method documents.
- Monitor and follow the quality of documentation
- Contribute in continuous improvement activities
- Active participation in Checkers network meetings
- Knowledge on various Manufacturing processes like Sheet metals, Casting & Plastics
- Design & Drawing check experience in automotive industry
- Good understanding of GD&T practices
- Basic CAD tool knowledge.
- Product Development Process Knowledge.
- Driving, delivery focused and service minded.
- Good communication skills
- Interest in working with people as well as technology and processes.
- Good leadership capabilities.
- Energy and commitment to handle new challenges.
- Abilities to set priorities and take decisions.
- Open-minded with great ability to work with new challenges
B.E, B. Tech, – in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering
Total Experience 6-8 years
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.