We are currently looking for a student to work with our Simulation and Application Team as an Engineering Intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering and software. As a valued member of the Simulation and Application Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with engineering. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Simulation and Application Manager.
- Conduct Analytics Assignments
- Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events & drawing logical conclusions
- Pull Log Vehicle Data from SQL database
- Use Matlab or Python to efficiency review time series data
- Collaborate with technology engineers to setup Power BI dashboards
- Setup and conduct Simulations Using Matlab/Simulink
- Simulations focus on ECU software functionality such as OBD diagnostics
- Create, update and follow time plan
- Highlight need for support and resource issues
- Contribute to process & organizational development of our analytics tools
- Assist with setup and maintenance of data loggers
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Internship Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science (or other related degree), at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Valid US Work authorization
- Programming skill and experience in Python,R, SQL, Power BI & Matlab/Simulink-Microsoft Applications: (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with Diesel engine technology is a plus
- Working remote is allowed for this position. However, 10% of time will require on-site work at the site in Hagerstown Maryland.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.