We are looking for a Lead Cloud Platform Engineer to lead the Cloud Platform Engineering team and the development of the Azure Cloud Environment Platform of Volvo Group, being the appointed cloud platform for the whole company. You will be part of a central team responsible for industrializing (architecture, implementation, automation), maintaining and improving the platform from a technical standpoint accordingly to business needs monthly. Working closely with architects, you will be the responsible for technical implementation of the different designs, while also keeping up with Microsoft Azure rapid changes. As lead you will also onboard new Cloud Platform Engineers and make sure best practices and way of working are consistent in the team.
- Solid expertise in Azure (Microsoft Azure Certifications will be a plus)
- Experience with Azure Policy for compliancy and governance.
- Experience with AAD configuration, ARM, CAF/landing zones model and API Management
- Strong knowledge of Azure networking components (Hub&Spoke model, Firewall/WAF, Private Endpoints/Private Links...)
- Strong knowledge of major Azure services
- Ability to translate company directives to tangible technical requirements.
- Knowledge of source code management best practices & tools (Git/Azure DevOps)
- Experience with Agile development workflow and strong understanding of DevOps way of working and tools (Azure DevOps/GIT and automation (CI/CD)
- Strong scripting experience (PowerShell, Bash, Python)
- Experience and understanding of architectural patterns
- Knowledge of microservices and APIs-driven solutions
- Knowledge of orchestration & container technologies (Openshift and AKS)
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive technical documentation
- Fluid in English.
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.