We are currently looking for a student to work within our Air & Gas/ Fuel Injection group as an Engineering Intern. Our team is developing, testing and calibrating advanced hardware technology for turbo charging, exhaust gas recirculation, fuel filtration and high pressure fuel injection that are used in Volvo group powertrains to fulfill our customers performance needs, reduce fuel consumption and act on our vehicles environmental impact.
The student will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion and trust. Our employees describe Volvo Group Trucks Technology as a great place to work, built upon respect, cooperation, commitment, and fun. We encourage people to take individual responsibility and offer exciting assignments in a highly innovative environment.
As a valued member of our team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly within engineering. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as provide an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Engineering Group Manager of this team.
Students are an integral part of the Product Development team and will be afforded the opportunity to work on assignments that are both technically challenging and educationally stimulating. With operations in Sweden, France, Japan, North and South America, we offer an educational experience that will introduce students to a global way of working.
- Support component design, verification, and release activities.
- Support system testing, perform components evaluations and analysis.
- Support software functions calibration activities.
- Run data analysis based on test recording or customer trucks data
- Develop and perform simulation work to support hardware or calibration development
- Work closely with team members, other groups, other sites, and suppliers.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems
- Quality Advocate: Respect for the quality process, quality values, and the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices
- Communication: Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- 40 hours/week
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships / cooperation
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree, B.S. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Programing, Software Engineering, or equivalent, at an accredited school, a sophomore and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship/internship position.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Coursework focusing on engines, chemistry, controls, and systems preferred
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- Valid US Work authorization.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.