At Volvo Group Australia (VGA) we strongly believe in a future where sustainable and efficient transport and infrastructure solutions are essential for any society to prosper, where collaboration and diversity increase speed and solve societal challenges. Our solutions improve the everyday life of our customers and for the society at large, today and tomorrow.
The team at VGA have an opening for a trade-qualified Heavy Vehicle Technician to join their forward thinking workshop team at our dealership located in Blacktown in Sydney's western suburbs.
As a qualified Heavy Vehicle Technician you will bring your extensive experience in servicing and repairing our customer’s fleet of trucks and/or buses. Apply today and join the team behind the best brands including Mack, UD and Volvo Trucks and Buses.
- Trade qualified Heavy Vehicle Technician (Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology) (or equivalent)
- Possess solid work experience as a heavy vehicle mechanic repairing and servicing heavy commercial vehicles
- Previous diagnostic investigation experience would be advantageous, however not essential
- Be a team player, open and honest who consistently delivers an exceptional customer service experience
- Hold a flexible approach to business commitments to work alternative shift operations as required
- Enjoy working with process and policy
- Possess a solid understanding of safe working practices in the workshop environment.
- Permanent, 38 hour working week fortnightly paid wages
- Additional superannuation payments*
- Loyalty is valued with VGA Service Recognition Program
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including Employee Assistance Program and discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
- Discounts on offer from a large selection of retailers
- A workplace that offers you the opportunity to do truly meaningful work in a supportive, constructive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.