At Volvo Group Australia (VGA) we strongly believe in a future where sustainable and efficient transport and infrastructure solutions are essential for any society to prosper, where collaboration and diversity increase speed and solve societal challenges. Our solutions improve the everyday life of our customers and for the society at large, today and tomorrow.
VGA has an opening for a dynamic Parts Interpreter to join our highly driven team at Volvo Commercial Vehicles (VCV) Brisbane North, based in Pinkenba. Working in a dealership environment, your new role will see you responsible for providing an efficient aftersales service by identifying, sourcing and selling truck and bus parts to our valued customers.
Reporting to the Parts Manager, this position is being offered on a full time permanent basis. Apply today and join the team behind the best brands including Mack, UD and Volvo Trucks and Buses at VCV Brisbane North.
About the role:
- To market, source, sell and supply parts to our valued customers by timely responding to all front counter and phone enquiries
- Efficiently generate parts sales invoices and vendor purchase orders
- Establish and maintain business relationships with customers by providing an exceptional customer service experience
- Assist with parts warehousing administration including stock-take activities
- Support the Parts Manager in reconciling daily cash sales.
- Have a solid technical / mechanical understanding, with extensive automotive parts knowledge
- Parts inventory / warehousing administration experience
- Licensed Forklift driver with solid experience in the safe operation of the forklift (preferred)
- Hold a flexible approach to work commitments to meet customers expectations'
- Sound knowledge in Microsoft Office Word and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- A team player, with a flexible approach to work commitments
- Possess a sense of structure with proven time management and organisational skills.
- Established & supportive leadership, collaborative team
- Permanent, 38 hour working week, fortnightly paid wages
- Additional superannuation payments*
- Loyalty is valued with VGA Service Recognition Program
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including Employee Assistance Program and discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
- A workplace that offers you the opportunity to do truly meaningful work in a supportive, constructive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.