SML North America (NA) is a part of SML and has about 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. We operate the Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS as well as Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region.
Mission/Purpose of the Position
The Backorder Recovery Supervisor position is part of the Supply Planning & Dealer Inventory Management (SP/DIM) organization within SML NA. The SP/DIM organization is responsible for parts availability, backorder recovery, delivery precision and inventory.
The purpose of this position is to lead a team of Backorder Recovery (BOR) Coordinators and/or Specialists. This position works closely with the Parts Services Order Desk.
The BOR Team is responsible to expedite all unavailable stocking and non-stocking parts to the Dealer network for specific Business Areas. This team is also responsible for the quality and efficiency of determining the best method for delivering a part on an existing parts order including escalating situations.
Scope & Influence
This position reports to the Manager, Backorder Recovery and is located in Greensboro, NC.
- Act as an inspiring leader. Attract, motivate, develop and retain talent.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the team to encourage and promote teamwork in an efficient and professional manner.
- Challenge the status quo when necessary in order to achieve desired outcomes.
- Utilize data to identify opportunities and translate into actionable tasks for the team.
- Manage the workflow of the team to ensure performance targets are achieved.
- Provide skilled support, on-going training and guidance to the team drawing upon hands-on experiences to ensure individual and team success.
- Manage the individual performance of team members.
- Manage schedules, ETO inquiries, and time approval for the team to ensure adequate coverage.
- Handle multiple complex priorities of significant impact to the company with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Serve as the “Go To” person for all Escalations by monitoring status, providing dealer and management updates through and until resolution of issue.
- Provide expert working knowledge of all systems utilized within the department with the ability to perform all required functions.
- Participate in meetings as representative for BOR to improve processes and communication with Supply Planning, Purchasing, and Commercial Business areas.
- Fully engage with the Service Center, ensuring work flows between the Service Center and Back Order Recovery are implemented and streamlined, thereby minimizing down time for the end user/Customer.
- Identify, report, and implement continuous process improvements which will ensure efficiencies in backorder recovery performance.
- Meet team performance targets (KPI’s-Key Performance Indicators) for assigned customer base.
- Ensure all parts backorder recovery processes are streamlined and documented.
- Work on continuous improvement through the Volvo Production System.
- Lead and act according to Volvo values, drive change and promote diversity.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience. MS degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant logistics, inventory management and/or supply chain experience. Preferably in the automotive, truck, construction equipment or marine industries.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated abilities in the Volvo Leadership competencies.
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement in an office worker environment.
- Demonstrated ability to set demanding targets and to motivate teams and individuals to deliver outside their comfort zones.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment striving towards operational excellence guided by Volvo’s Values and the Code of Conduct.
Necessary Technical/Functional/Language Skills
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Skilled in recruitment, development, and management of talent.
- Strong communicator with good influencing skills, with ability to create trust and cooperation in spite of cultural differences.
- Self-propelled, planning and execution skills and the ability to independently drive and solve complex tasks.
- Energy, drive, and the courage to lead and deal with conflict management.
- Interest and ability to develop people.
- Accuracy and timeliness in the performance of assigned duties.
- Innovative problem solving, research and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Mainframe and Microsoft Windows environment).
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.