We are currently looking for a student to work with our Driveline Engineering as Co-op Spring 2022. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of Heavy-Duty commercial truck Drivelines. Driveline Engineering at Volvo is responsible for complete Drivetrain (clutches, transmission, drive-shafts, hybrid-electric systems and axles) development and integration for Mack and Volvo class 8 Heavy-Duty commercial trucks. Some of the Driveline products, for Mack and Volvo trucks, include Allison Automatic transmissions, Eaton Manual and Automated Manual transmissions (AMT), Mack proprietary T300 manual transmission, Volvo proprietary I-Shift AMT transmissions, Meritor/Dana Drive-shafts, Meritor/Dana/Mack proprietary axles and Electric Drivetrains.
As a valued member of the Driveline Engineering within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the Driveline engineers as well as lab technicians, mechanics and Manufacturing Engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Manager, Driveline and Hybrids.
- Work with the project engineers in the development and testing of axles
- Work with the project engineers in the development and testing of transmissions
- Completion of test reports
- Coordination of development parts and prototype materials
- Completion of tasks on time
- Improved knowledge of Driveline & Hybrid systems
- Gain experience in a design/production engineering environment
- Minimum Education and Co-op Program Requirements
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree, B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of co-op position
- Co-ops work 40 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- Attention to detail
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.