We are currently looking for students to work with our production teams as a Manufacturing Engineering co-op. You should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of our team within GTO, you will have the opportunity to work directly on production focusing on increasing efficiency and quality while utilizing your engineering education and continuous improvement mindset. GTO’s goal is to contribute to your development, as well as providing an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry.
- Drive lean methodology
- Quality and production process review and improvements
- Help facilitate continuous improvement and identify opportunities on your own to implement
- Participate in project planning, implementation and improvements
- Works with the production teams to reduce non-value add activities
- Good attitude & continuous improvement mindset are critical to performing daily activities in this engineering role
- Modify drawings for current fixtures & tooling design changes
- Help stabilize the new line balance in stations with new work content
- NVAA/Avix Analysis (Manual and Automated Station Time Definition)
- Torque to Turn Data Analysis
- Product Design Change Implementation and Support
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Internship Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing an Engineering Degree. Preferred specializations are Manufacturing, Industrial and Mechanical at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.