Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes computer programs and assists in software design (PLC and Robotic Coding).
- Assists in documentation; mechanical drawings in CAD, blueprints and plans for products and equipment.
- Assists in all aspects of the development of prototype equipment or fixtures related to the final product, from the design to construction of said products and equipment (electrical and mechanical).
- Maintains records and accurate details of all completed engineering work.
- Ability to analyze prototype system or product for performance (pre-implementation) and uses PDCA approach to solve issues.
- Provides suggestions for ways to improve products and equipment.
- Leads or assists in the presentation of completed products and projects at exhibitions or staff meetings.
- Keeps apprised of the latest developments and innovations in the industry.
- Conducts evaluations of products and equipment developed by Industrial development group for effectiveness once they are placed in service.
- Assist in developing part/equipment orders.
- As needed, assist in Kaizen activities and answers employee or customer questions about the function and maintenance of Kaizen products after implementation.
- Provides technical support to employees and team members.
- Ensures that all safety procedures are observed during laboratory or production floor work.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses background knowledge in engineering, robotics, instrumentation, computer science and PLC programing.
- Is capable of conducting independent research.
- Works well on a team.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates patience when running multiple tasks at the same time.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills.
- Possesses solid writing skills along with a in depth knowledge of Excel as well as Microsoft Office programs.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Is able to understand and interpret engineering terminology.
- Demonstrates ability to translate scientific jargon into layman’s terms for explanatory purposes.
- Has a strong background in CAD, preferably in Creo Parametric.
- Exhibits solid customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity, a strong analytical and problem-solving skill, as well as a willingness to learn by doing.
- Exhibits familiarity with proper lab safety procedures.
- Able to manage time and resources without supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum education level - Junior or Senior in Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical or Electrical degree.
- Preferred 1 year of previous work experience in their respective knowledge fields, either as interns or full-time employee.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
An Automation (AGV) Engineering Intern spends the majority of his or her working hours in a laboratory setting, designing and testing equipment and products. Time is also spent in an office setting, processing paperwork and writing lab reports. Generally, a standard up to 30-hour week is the norm, though a part time situation would be considered if the candidate has the qualifications: a minimum of 15hrs a week will be required.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.