The Supply Chain & Logistics internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the graduate’s career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for the Mack Trucks RVO Plant by working on projects for the Supply Chain & Logistics Team. The scope for Supply Chain & Logistics includes Flow Optimization, Inventory Management, Distribution Center operations, Supply and Demand planning, Production Scheduling, Supplier Relationship Management, Material Control, Customs & Trade, as well as the development of logistics solutions to ensure the highest possible parts availability, delivery precision and quality. We strive for an innovative and diverse workplace, exercising the Volvo Group values with high focus on customer success.
Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and full-time professionals work together on projects within their selected area of the organization. The internship allows students to integrate their Supply Chain / Logistics knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and the RVO Supply Chain & Logistics organization.
The Supply Chain & Logistics internship position will be responsible for working with the RVO Supply Chain & Logistics team, as well as any 3rd party logistics organizations or suppliers which support the RVO Plant.
- Weekly Writing Assignments: Brief written summaries of the learning experiences and project updates may be required.
- Project Presentations: Formal project presentations may be required to be presented to peers, management, and senior leaders within the organization.
- Performance Feedback: Throughout the entire experience, the manager will provide verbal and written feedback on work performance. At the end of the internship, each intern will be given a formal written evaluation based on their work performance.
Skill Set Requirements and Minimum Education Requirements:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or other Business or Engineering related field and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Interns must be enrolled as full-time student throughout the duration of the internship
- Applicants should be interested in pursuing a professional career in Supply Chain, Logistics, or Operations
- Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Applicants should be proficient in use of web-based tools, access db, and mainframe internal systems
- Applicants ideally will have knowledge of supply chain concepts like economic order quantity, safety stock, forecast errors and bias, and inventory health
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
- Proficient at learning new technologies
- Effective professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer Service
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
This internship will require up to 30 hours per week during the Spring 2022 semester, with the specific working schedule to be agreed upon with the hiring manager.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.