Position Description Summary:
We are currently looking for a motivated and self-driven student to work within our Testing Technology department during the summer. Testing Technology is a department within Features, Verification and Validation (FVV), a group that works with testing and simulation of Complete Vehicles for Volvo Trucks and Mack Trucks in North America. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Testing Technology Group within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the Volvo Trucks Test Engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report directly to the Testing Technology Group Manager.
- The candidate will have a mentor assigned to them and oversee their daily tasks and provide required support throughout the semester.
- The candidate will work directly with the data analytics engineers focusing on the following items:
- Development of internal planning tool for resource allocation and visualization in VBA
- Database querying and support development internal asset tracking tool for test equipment
- Setup and configuration of custom-made Power BI dashboards according to internal requests
- Assist test engineers with script conversion from Matlab to Python
- Support development of internal Field Test Python Library in collaboration with data analytic engineers
- Support development and tracking of data quality and data movement dashboard
It is preferable that the candidate have experience with the following:
- Matlab, Python, SQL, VBA, Power BI or any other scripting language
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience with time series data from measurement sensors
- Basic understanding of data report generation and visualization
- This internship will require 30 hours per week during the spring semester 2022. Interns will be expected to spend a large part of the time working in the Greensboro shop/office. However, due to the unpredictable nature of the ongoing pandemic, the manager may approve the intern to work a portion of their time from home. This internship will require location in Greensboro, NC for the duration of the internship.
- Internship will run from January through May 2022.
Essential Skills and Required Experience:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Computer Science or similar degree and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Ability to generate source code and scripts including troubleshooting of existing applications.
- Previous experience developing data reports and dashboards.
- Great problem-solving skills and a basic understanding of automotive is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in teams.
- Detailed oriented. Collects data and deliver detailed reports.
- Flexible. Willing to engage in a wide variety of tasks and positively accepts changes in priorities.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Service oriented mindset
- Team player with the ability to adjust to new situations and stakeholder needs.
- Ability to work effectively with peers from all areas of the organization.
- Works with integrity and instills trust.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Engaged and proactively seeks knowledge.
- Ability to use various mechanic tools and lift up to 30 lbs.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.