Position Description Summary:
The Supply Chain Data Analyst Intern will be responsible for working with the Supply Planning team to support the streamlined gathering of data, creation of visualization tools to display data for operational decision-making, and the creation of general reporting efficiencies, while learning about the inventory management process within the aftermarket.
Purpose of the Position:
The Supply Chain Data Analyst internship role will provide a student with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the student’s career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Service Market Logistics North America (SML NA) by working on projects for the Supply Planning team. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full-time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Group SML NA.
The internship position is for the Spring of 2022, and the specific work days and hours will be flexible, but agreed upon with the hiring manager.
- Data visualization tool creation, Dashboard creation/automation (powerBI)
- Dispatch Precision automation
- Support with Robotic Processing Automation creation
- Support Supply Planning strategic objectives.
- Successfully complete training regarding inventory management processes and related systems training.
- Assist with monitoring and reporting of Key Performance Indicators and continuous process improvements.
- Prepare and present formal presentations to colleagues and management.
- Writing Assignments: Brief written summaries of the learning experiences and project updates may be required.
- Performance Feedback: Throughout the entire experience, the manager will provide verbal and written feedback on work performance. At the end of the internship, each intern will be given a formal written evaluation based on their work performance.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Logistics/Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Engineering or a related field, at an accredited school.
- Applicants should be interested in pursuing a professional career in Logistics/Supply Chain Management.
- Applicant must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship and have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicant should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint).
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required.
Competency and Knowledge Areas:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills, with experience in a teamwork environment
- Customer Service
- Presentation skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Understanding of basic logistics and supply chain concepts
This internship will require up to 30 hours per week during the Spring 2022 semester, with the specific working schedule to be agreed upon with the hiring manager.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.