• Perform monthly closing activities including journal entries, account analysis, and reconciliations related to accruals, concession adjustments, sales assistance, over allowance, etc. for US and Canada
• Provide financial analysis of Selling & Admin expenses, investigate actual charges, and conduct variance analysis versus budgets/forecasts as required.
• Work closely with pricing to analyze secondary sales assistance and record appropriate provisions for Canada
• Support team with using tools (Power Pivot and Power BI) to develop order board financial profitability model and reports to optimize and steer pricing/margin decisions
• Perform as EBD Super User. Manage the OPR and EBD processes for the Commercial organization.
• Support Sales & Marketing management to analyze and examine their monthly S&A expenses and ensure internal controls and authorization guidelines are adhered to.
• Provide Vendor Fund accounting, invoicing, and application to appropriate trucks
• Develop S&A forecasts and budgets by Cost Center, FS item, and activity for Executive management.
• Work closely with Business Controller and Asst Controller to provide financial analysis and reporting that drives actionable information to the Commercial management group.
• Provide monthly working capital and cash flow reports for management
• Analyze Wear & Tear and Fixed Asset depreciation and reporting and ensure accounting is correct for all corporate trucks.
• Work with Marketing, Group Trucks Technology and FCA to move trucks properly and timely.
• Perform monthly trend analysis of US & Canada secondary concessions.
• Coordinate reporting/process improvement projects as need arises
WHO YOU ARE?
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance is required, with 5-7 years experience in accounting, data/financial analysis preferred. Proficient in ACCESS, PowerBI, or PowerPivot preferred also.
To be the perfect match for this role, your critical competencies will include:
• Proficient in data analysis
• Proficient in SAP Financial System.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications.
• Able to provide accurate information.
As a successful Sr. Financial Analyst you will:
- Lead with passion
- Perform with purpose
- Transform with vision
We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusiveness to make us a stronger and better organization. The motivation and passion to support our customers set us apart from others that want to be like us. Our company culture is how we interact with each other, with our customers and society as a whole. It is the foundation on which everything else is built. We embrace new ideas and constantly challenge the status quo – innovation is driven by a willingness to change to stay ahead and find smart ways to create new solutions.
Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.