We are currently looking for a student to work with our Chicago Distribution Center as a Lean Business Developer intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of logistics operations. As a valued member of the Chicago Distribution Center within GTO, the student will have the opportunity to work directly to improve internal processes within the DC via structuring ways to collect, process and analyze data to support the operation. GTO’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Chicago Distribution Center Manager.
- Develop ways to extract information from current systems to support operational decisions
- Optimize and develop the MS ACCESS database
- Create and optimize MS EXCEL templates supporting the operational needs
- Support with process data analysis
- Communicate with different stakeholders to support the implementations.
- Work together with the operation to Implement Ideas
- Work with Lean Manufacturing concepts such as 5S, Standardized Work, Visual Management, PDCA, among others.
- Support the Continuous Improvement Program within the Distribution Center.
- Fully proficient in MS ACCESS and MS EXCEL including VBA
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced supervisors, operators, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Minimum Education and Program Requirements
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in academic courses and pursuing a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology at an accredited school and must have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Must be in good academic standing with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0/4.0
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong communication skills and able to work in a team environment
- Effective professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to think and work independently; follow task to completion without direct oversight.
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focused
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.