The candidate for this position will provide Design solutions in small or major design project as a Design engineer and should strive to work independently on Chassis Structure module. Candidate will coordinate and perform complex Engineering tasks under minimal supervision, supporting the mission of the group, department and/or Volvo GTT.
As an Engineer working with CSETA, the main deliverables are:
- Design of Cab and Engine Suspension parts as per truck market requirement
- Design of Sheet metal and Casting Complex parts.
- Work closely with supplier for development components.
- Focus on strategic responsibilities and Participation in the Global Projects.
- In your work, there will be frequent topics to handle with Global XFs and Suppliers around the world. It is required to establish right participation & contribution to the Advance Engineering, Roadmaps and Knowledge management topics as well.
- B.E/M.E – Mechanical/Automobile Engineering with Relevant experience of 1-3 years
- Hands on work experience in similar automotive- Chassis Structures
- Experience in heavy commercial vehicle industry will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of application of GD&T
- Competence and exposure to Volvo Tools and Processes will be an added advantage
- Have holistic view on deliverables from other interfaces to secure quality & readiness before release.
- Knowledge Chassis Equipment’s packaging, routing & development.
- Knowledge of EV structural development is an advantage
- Willingness to learn and develop your own skills and abilities.
- Excellent communication, Cooperation skills. Goal oriented & Drive for Results.
- Be structured, well organized, recognize the value and importance of providing solutions with the right quality level and in time
- You must be someone who is a team player, High on energy and is interested in working with Global Sites.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.