Dispatcher WMS is a Warehouse Management System from the software vendor Blue Yonder used by Volvo Group globally for spare part distribution. As WMS Application Support you will work in an international environment with application support & maintenance of the solution. You will be part of a global solution team who is responsible for the full solution life cycle. This position gives the right candidate a great foundation for future growth into other roles within IT.
You will be part of a great global team, responsible to keep the vital part of the Volvo business running. We contribute to smooth operation of our parts warehouses around the world and modern logistics of the spare parts for all brands of the Volvo Group (Volvo Trucks, Mack Trucks, Renault Trucks, Volvo Construction Equipment and more).
The Application Support personnel is responsible for providing support services to application users according to the Service Level Agreement. Role includes communication with different global sites and departments as well as variety of customers and support teams.
Application Support job carries out user support, identifies defects and proposes changes and improvement activities for an assigned application or group of applications. This job assists users when defects are found by resolving the defects or providing temporary workarounds to keep the application operational when needed.
Depending on your background and future aspirations this role will be combined with software development.
- Support users by explaining system capabilities, handling questions and solving incidents
- Analyze user problems in areas of responsibility and support business users with efficient usage of the systems
- Identify actual and potential software problems and provide analysis to the maintenance team according to Incident Management principles
- Monitor application performance and implement optimizations in order to minimize outages.
- Propose changes and improvement activities that make the application more efficient and/or reduce operation or maintenance cost
- Participate and contribute to planning of application maintenance and enhancement activities
- Identify scope of automation in repetitive tasks
- Develop new features in an iterative way that collectively form a larger application
- Modify and enhance existing software to add or change features, while constantly improving the codebase
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related
- Knowledge of the Blue Yonder Dispatcher WMS application or other WMS solutions
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- General IT knowledge
- Action oriented with creative approach to problem solving
- Good communication skills and willingness to learn
- Ability to work globally and with different cultures
- Good English skills
We also see the following aspects as beneficial:
- Experience of working in a highly integrated system landscape.
- Experience of warehouse processes and functions
- Experience from working with COTS applications and COTS providers
- Knowledge of SQL/PL-SQL/Oracle and UNIX
- Experience of WebSphere application server / WebSphere message broker
- Intensive development path
- Many training opportunities
- Possibility to work with a large software applications in an international environment
- Working environment compliant with agile and ITIL standards
What makes us special?
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
- Responsible and challenging tasks with access to the latest tools and technology
- Partnership with professionals, identified career paths including global opportunities
We work together with energy, passion and respect for the individual!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.