SML North America (NA) is a part of SML and has about 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. We operate the Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS as well as Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region.
This internship program gives you an incredible opportunity to gain real world experience in the supply chain, logistics and transport industry, and kick start your career through networking and professional development. You will be working with the Business Control team within Volvo Group-Service Market Logistics, located in Greensboro, NC. You will have the opportunity to gain a holistic understanding of the parts logistics business and support the Business Control team’s initiative to achieve cost savings in the organization through continuous improvement.
Purpose of the Position:
The Business Control internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the graduate’s career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Service Market Logistics by working on projects for the Business Control group. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full- time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Group Service Market Logistics.
The internship position is for the Spring of 2022 and will be located on-site in Greensboro.
- Analyze freight data to improve data quality and support with identifying freight savings opportunities
- Seek to Identify continuous improvement (CI) opportunities within the Service Market Logistics organization to assist in reducing freight or operational costs
- Assist with automation and data matching from various systems and aligning with freight data
- Support the Business Control team with process documentation and streamlining of reports etc.
- Automation of reports in Power BI – improvements and updating of material
- Lean and/or related continuous improvement concepts
- Analytical thinking
- Proficient in Power BI or similar tool
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint)
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Drive for continuous improvement through proactive self-initiatives and/or teamwork
- Communication skills – ability to present information effectively and trigger actions by the stakeholders
- Well-developed interpersonal and networking skills
- Flexibility – Willing to learn on the fly, perform a wide range of tasks, responds positively to changes in priorities, direction and new challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business Administration, or a related field, at an accredited school.
- Applicant must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship and have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- This internship will require up to 30 hours per week during the Spring 2022 semester, with the specific working schedule to be agreed upon with the hiring manager.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.