You handle a variety of responsibilities & report directly to the plant Human Resources Director. You partner with business leaders and internal teams to drive alignment of HR strategy, initiatives, policies and practices consistent with strategic business objectives.
The HRBP is responsible for leading the HR strategy, support, and services to assigned customer groups. The position provides strategic and operational HR to functional/business leadership, plans and implements human resources initiatives designed to maximize organization effectiveness through talent management / development processes, succession planning, and job/organization design, talent acquisition, performance/salary management, learning and development, and labor relations
- Translate business strategy and goals into optimal HR practices and processes that are customer-focused and adaptable to unique and changing business needs.
- Advise, counsel and coach management and supervisors on workforce-related issues with a strong focus on Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) interpretation/administration, discipline, policy and regulatory adherence, and Bargaining Unit compensation and benefits.
- Support management by providing human resource advice, counsel, and decisions in relation to, progressive discipline, investigations, mediation and coaching to improve effectiveness of leaders and teams.
- Ensure FMLA, ADA, and Workers Compensation plans are followed according to policy and legal compliance.
- Support production lean processes and procedures.
- Advise, coach and support with annual merit and compensation plans
- Support talent management program including succession planning, talent reviews and development plans.
- In partnership with the recruiter and /or hiring manager, efficiently and effectively fill open positions to execute the recruiting process to include screening candidates, coordinating interviews, and supporting onboarding new hires.
- Special project as assigned
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to be hands on with all levels of the organization as well as serve as a strategic partner to leaders.
- Ability to influence and coach employees at all levels in the organization
- Ability to provide leadership, work collaboratively on teams and consult effectively and independently with all levels and functional areas of an organization
- Desire to grow and take on increased scope of responsibility
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Exhibit strong organizational skills while managing multiple priorities
- Strong communication and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with UltiPro and/or SAP Human Resources Information Systems is a plus
- Ability to occasionally work varied shifts, including weekends if needed
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Relations, Business, or Related Discipline
- Master’s Degree in related filed preferred
- Seven (7) years’ experience in Human Resources and Labor Relations experience in a distribution/manufacturing environment
- Generalist experience working in a unionized environment
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment law
- OSHA 30 Hour Industrial Training Certification or related safety certification
- Lean Certification
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment preferred
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.