Are you interested in working with the complete vehicle in a wide range of different product changes and with a view of the complete transport solution? Do you have a passion for technology, product performance and customer success? Then this might be a perfect position for you so keep reading!
We are now looking for a person who can lead the Durability and Safety testing team in Göteborg, reporting to the CV Sweden Customer Feature Verification Director.
As Group Manager for Durability and Safety teseting, you will lead and manage a team of highly skilled Testing engineers and Specialists whose primary mission is to verify and validate the Durability of components, systems and complete vehicle in demanding, real world applications in close collaboration with Product Owners on all levels. This team is also managing the complex and demanding crash testing with high demands imposed by regulations and our new technologies. You will be responsible for the team’s deliveries of test results as well as test methods, correlation and give important inputs for the future testing rigs development.
Your main task over time is to develop the team and the individuals to support future challenges contributing to the deliveries of product updates according to quality, delivery, cost and feature targets.
We are looking for an inspiring leader, with a positive mind set and an interest in developing people as well as technology. As the Group Manager for the Durability and Safety testing, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Manage the Product Validation deliveries – respecting budget, delivery time & quality.
- Testing evaluation, planification and synergies
- Verification & Validation to fullfill Durability targets of the Volvo FH/FM
- Support other sites & Applications with testing support when needed
- Outsource testing when needed and reinforce collaboration with our testing partners.
- Drive the development of the Durability and Safety team in Sweden
- Develop the group and secure the competence for future demands
- Optimize the resources within the group based on effectiveness and efficiency, by applying tools developed within the frame of VPS (Volvo Production System) as Pulse, DTL (Daily Team Leadership), A3
- Implement the base of the Agile way of working
- Take an active part in the Section Management team
- Clarify interface towards other departments (Vehicle, Powertrain, e-mobility) in order to make the daily operation more efficient
- To continuously develop test methods according to acquired customer application knowledge for Heavy Duty trucks
- To participate in global network teams
- To promote knowledge management activities, including how collect and share customer feedback and expectations with GTT
- To secure inputs to state of the art testing facilities and rigs for long term vision taking into account health & safety
- To lead towards Zero incident in our operation
What we offer:
The opportunity to use and develop your leadership skills together with a team of professional engineers throughout the complete development process.
In-depth knowledge and experience from verification and validation of our heavy trucks.
The chance to be part of a global company with the mission to become the leading transport provider in the Industry.
Who are you?
You have a holistic view and the ability to work cross-functionally and build strong relationships with stakeholders. You are excellent in organizational and planning skills with a self-motived drive to always improve something good to something even better with our customer in focus. Preferably, you have experience from testing, quality, durability and leadership. You have good level of communication in both English and Swedish, both internally within Volvo but also externally to our customers.
Do you recognize yourself, then we are eager to receive your application!
For further information please contact:
Jennie Sandahl, Section Manager Customer Feature Verification, +46 313233603, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.