Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.
Within the Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing Division and Business Controlling Department, the Investment & Project Controlling team’s mission is to be the center of financial expertise in purchasing investments and project controlling for best decision making and compliance, and to create added value to our stakeholders by driving and optimizing it. As Project Controller, your mission is to control vendor tooling* investments and material prices in project phase. Your scope of responsibility is primarily North America. You are close to the business but independent, you safeguard integrity and foster a bottom-line impact mindset in purchasing activities and behaviors. You secure timely and qualitative reporting and monthly deliveries in closing. You provide guidance and support to the organization in your area of expertise and scope, and you actively contribute to continuous improvement, change management, and knowledge management. You are part of a global team of Project Controllers, Investment Controllers, and Functional Leaders, and you report to the Director Investment & Project Controlling.
*Vendor tooling: Volvo owned type-bound tooling located in our suppliers’ facilities
What You Will Be Doing:
- Act as a business partner (understand business needs, question them and support)
- Contribute to build vendor tooling investments yearly budget and quarterly estimates
- Align cross-functionally and quality assure vendor tooling investments payment plans
- Analyze and comment vendor tooling investments monthly variances (actuals versus yearly budget, latest quarterly estimate, etc.) at Group Trucks Purchasing department level and/or at Volvo Group Trucks brand level
- Approve vendor tooling orders for projects
- In project phase, closely monitor, analyze, and report material price evolutions through the established KPIs, the whole being connected to SCOS (Standard Cost Of Sales)
- Perform ad hoc analysis on request (e.g. sourcing case, make or buy investigation, etc.)
- Participate in both purchasing and cross-functional reference groups and to other decision fora as applicable
- Lead and/or contribute to continuous improvement, change management, and/or knowledge management within area of expertise
- Business Controlling, Finance/Accounting, Cost Engineering, Product Finance Engineering, Project Buyer, Project Manager Purchasing experience, or similar
- University degree in Business Administration or similar
- Good business acumen, understanding of project management, analytical in nature
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to work independently as well as in a multicultural team environment
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.