With 2 million square feet under roof, on a site of over 550 acres the New River Valley Plant is poised to continue its growth with new product and industrial projects.
The team is looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer – Automation & Controls with previous industrial experience to support our design, development, and industrialization of new equipment and processes. This includes but is not limited to, a working knowledge of PLC’s (Siemens and Allen Bradley) industrial power systems, motor control, conveyance, and manufacturing automation systems. There should also be a basic understanding of robotics, AGV’s, laser cutting, and body-in-white assembly.
We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusiveness to make us a stronger and better organization. As a global company, international collaboration is a daily activity. We pride ourselves in sharing techniques globally, but also promote implementing employee driven ideas from site to site.
If you are ready for meaningful challenges, driving industrial change, have a passion for quality and customer satisfaction, and are eager to make a difference, we invite you to apply for the Senior Manufacturing Engineer – Automation & Controls position with our company. At Volvo Trucks New River Valley, we are excited for the opportunities ahead and invite talented individuals like yourself to join us on this journey.
You will be a part of the development, selection, procurement and implementation of innovative tools and equipment. Lead and mentor team members in the development, verification and industrialization of world class systems. Responsible for collaborating globally with peers and colleagues to establish and benchmark ways of working at all manufacturing facilities to develop our future way of working. Generate ideas, promote employee engagement and think outside of the box with an audacious attitude. Carry out any other necessary delegated tasks for the wellbeing of the plant.
• Lead and mentor others throughout the development, procurement and industrialization of innovative processes and systems.
• Drive the successful implementation of industrial equipment using a zero-disturbance method.
• Creatively engage advanced manufacturing solutions into the development and utilization of modern equipment and processes.
• In a leadership role drive, coordinate and ensure that processes and equipment are delivered on time and are developed to meet high standards.
• Actively engage in global technology forums and represent the NRV plant as an expert in technology implementation and influencing global best practices.
• Review design concepts throughout the development of processes and equipment projects and ensure that manufacturing requirements are met.
• Establish and maintain the optimum equipment and control standards and best practices.
• Displays professional behavior, positive attitude, and right mindset.
• Proven ability to lead/manage large scale activities and ensure that deliveries happen within strict deadlines.
• Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance or ambiguity.
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to manage change.
• Extensive knowledge of engineering concepts, manufacturing, production standards and automation control.
• Project management skills and experience.
• Experience in a team-based environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to review and apply technical specifications and requirements.
• Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word.
• Knowledge in digital software platforms, CAD software, PLC software, and the ability to quickly learn other hardware/software as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Science Field
• And/or Equivalent Experience
• Minimum 4 years of experience in large automated industrial setting.
• Proven experience in taking initiative, driving improvements, taking additional responsibilities, thinking outside the box, going to the extra mile.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.