Purpose of the Co-op Position:
The co-op role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment thus enhancing the students’ academic and career goals. The Volvo Group Trucks Technology co-op experience enables students to participate in professional R&D activities while also promoting the students career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. Volvo Group co-ops are structured learning experiences where co-ops and Volvo Group full-time professionals work together on assignments/projects within their selected organization. The co-op allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and our organization.
- Support with medium and heavy-duty vehicle product research + industry trend analysis.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of market information.
- Capture market information and trends related to Industry Verticals, Zero Emission Vehicles, and Vehicle Automation.
- Develop tools to support in analysis of market data.
- Lead documentation of internal product planning processes.
- Lead continuous improvement idea implementation for the product planning team.
Essential Skills and Minimum Education Requirements:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field, at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicants must have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Experience in Microsoft Power BI is a plus.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Co-ops will be expected to spend their time working in the office.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Action Oriented
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to Work Equally Well Independently and In Teams
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.