Expert in plastic tooling design and manufacturing process.
The role covers several aspects of the product development process and the deliverables are largely driven by Gates, Releases and Design loops.
- Responsible for the development of products / parts and release of the solutions into the system with complete product ownership and tackling quality issues effectively
- Performs design, testing/validation and/or development projects within area of assignment to fulfill the project set Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature targets.
- Generate Value Engineering and Value Analysis (VA/VE) and Continuous Improvement (CI) ideas to reduce product costs and drive/support implementation as needed.
- Analyze component parts and assemblies to determine the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems and implement cost effective solutions.
- Support packaging engineers in packaging and installation tasks (e.g. technical reports, packaging investigations, DMU utilization)
- Build & follow component design time plan to meet project deadline.
- Responsible to independently drive Cross functional activities to close out development open points and achieve set project deliverables.
- Must have Global mind-set to collaborate and work with engineers mostly at Cab, Chassis, Styling, Vehicle Architecture, Verification & Validation team both Locally as well as Other sites within Volvo.
- Take ownership in development of engineering process & method documents (TR, guidelines, rules etc.)
- Contribute towards knowledge management within the area of assignment.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.