Aligned with its mission of driving prosperity through transport solutions, Volvo Group has recently created a new business area, Volvo Autonomous Solutions, to accelerate the development, commercialization and sales of autonomous transport solutions. This will enable the Volvo Group to meet a growing demand and to offer the best possible solutions to customers in such segments as mining, ports and transport between logistics centers, as a complement to today’s products and services.
Autonomous transport solutions, based on self-driving and connectivity technologies are well-suited for applications where there is a need to move large volumes of goods and material on pre-defined routes, in repetitive flows. In such situations, autonomous transport solutions can create value for customers by contributing to improved flexibility, delivery precision and productivity. The aim of this new business unit is to ensure a leading position in this new and competitive transportation arena. Our VAS office in California is located in Mountain View.
The candidate is expected to have some familiarity with the development of high-quality embedded software. The QA Engineer is part of a team involved in system verification and validation. and is expected to have familiarity with QA automation, black and white box testing.
- To communicate effectively with the rest of team
- Adherence to software engineering best practices
- To contribute to a healthy company culture and team spirit
- To commit to delivering high quality software products in a timely fashion
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 0-3+ years of experience in testing software products and in developing automation software for QA verification
- Operating systems: Linux
- Computer languages: Python, C/C++, and scripting
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Git or equivalent version control systems
- Understanding of basic principles of autonomous driving software and real-time systems
- Some familiarity with ROS
- Some experience with containers and Docker
- Familarity with GitLab
- Simulation environments, including Software in the Loop and Hardware in the Loop
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Curiosity for new technologies and willingness to learn new skills
- Being a strong team player
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Autonomous Solutions constitute a new business area as of January 1, 2020, entering new and exciting territories for Volvo Group. We accelerate the development, commercialization and sales of autonomous transport solutions, focusing on defined segments for the on- and off-road space. The combination of strong tech expertise and skilled customer solutions creates innovative transport offers never seen before. We are constantly pushing our own skills and ability to drive change in a traditional industry to meet a growing customer demand. We are now looking for innovative, committed individuals to join us in our endeavor to create customer solutions that enhance safety, flexibility and productivity.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.