Are you knowledgeable in Intellectual Property?
Are you outgoing, and good at building networks and collaborative relationships?
Do you want to help create sustainable transport solutions at the convergence of vehicle connectivity, automation and electrification?
Volvo Group is on an inspiring fast-paced journey, with major technological advancements within vehicle automation, electromobility, and connectivity. At the same time, technology areas such as combustion engines and mechanics must also continue to develop to meet the challenges ahead.
This environment of high investments in R&D, combined with an increasing number of external partnerships and collaborations, means that Intellectual Property becomes increasingly important.
To help meet these future challenges Volvo Group Intellectual Property is expanding, and we are searching for an IP Portfolio Partner to join the Strategy & Portfolio team.
Volvo Group Intellectual Property – who are we?
We are responsible for managing IP for the entire Volvo Group which includes Group Trucks Technology, Buses, Penta and Construction Equipment. As such we drive the cost-effective creation and use of IP to support profitability, competitiveness and growth across products, supply chain and R&D.
We develop and govern the Group IP Plan and IP principles, considering the business priorities of the entire Group, thereby providing guidance to all internal stakeholders on how to realize business value from IP.
We are a diverse group with a great mix of gender, age, nationality and experiences. Whilst the core of the team is located in Gothenburg we work globally with team members situated at different sites around the globe.
About the role
You are a member of one or more cross-functional Portfolio Teams that include IP Intelligence, Patent Attorneys and IP Legal, Trademark and Design experts. Each Portfolio Team is led by a Global Head IP Strategy & Portfolio.
Each Portfolio provides focus and has accountability for the IP of a particular area of Volvo Group’s technology and business, such as Engine, Alternative Fuels, Driveline, Automation, Connected Solutions, Electromobility, Cab, Chassis, Penta, Bus or Construction Equipment.
As the IP Portfolio Partner within the team you are an operational support in relation to creation of an annual Group IP Plan and the development of the IP portfolio, its management and use, thereby driving a global transformation towards increasingly business-driven IP management within the Volvo Group.
You support the creation of the Group IP Plan, for example by:
- Creating elements of the Group IP Plan, including the translation of business strategies and plans into IP priorities.
- Data gathering, analysis and creation of charts.
- Engaging very closely with the technology organization and relevant forums to drive proactive collaboration activities for IP creation, awareness and strategy.
- Analyzing and managing the existing IP portfolio, understanding its relevance and strength in relation to Volvo Group business and future strategy.
- Managing the patent portfolio database including generating reports, for example to present to internal stakeholders, or to update Key Performance Indicators.
- Scoping, designing and facilitating IP innovation workshops.
- Creating and delivering IP training.
- Improving processes, methods and tools for executing on IP strategies.
You report to the Group Director IP Strategy & Portfolio.
Who are you?
You are an excellent communicator who enjoys building networks and collaborative relationships. You can think strategically, and translate it into tasks, activities and priorities.
Active interest in innovation, technology, intellectual property, society and the global competitive business landscape.
Strong business acumen & entrepreneurial drive.
Service-minded with strong customer focus.
- M.Sc. in engineering or in Intellectual Capital Management.
- Good knowledge in patent, trademark, design, and trade secret law and up-to-date knowledge of IP strategies, trends, developments and practices.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to manage and compile large amounts of complex and diverse data, and to understand and extract the business implications of the data
- Strong skillset in both written and verbal communication to a wide range of stakeholders and management levels.
- Preferably have working knowledge of business strategy, business models, technology, market and IP landscape.
- Fluent in English.
Does the description above match you? If so we'd like to hear from you!
Michael Hatrick, Group Director IP Strategy and Portfolio, +46-73-9021761
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.