Would you like to contribute to the development journey in the logistics preparation & packaging function?
Are you a person that loves to work within an international, experienced, and proud team of commercial packaging engineers?
Then this might just be the right position for you!
This is us – your new colleagues
As Commercial Packaging Engineers we are engaged in the life of a spare part; from that it is created, bought, stored and finally delivered to the customer. We decide if and how the spare part should be commercially packed in order secure quality, brand image, sustainability and customer satisfaction for the different Volvo Group brands. We work closely with product development, purchasing, sales organizations and warehouse operations in our daily work.
We use our passion for engineering to decide how and if a spare part needs individual packaging to arrive in mint condition to our customers around the globe. We use our communication and negotiation skills to work closely with the suppliers and buyers, enabling a lean supply chain with focus on customer success.
We constantly review our performance to find ways to further enhance our solutions or ways of working. For instance, will you be the one that helps us remove plastic packaging materials, or improves our master data quality to enable 50% of our decisions to be done by a robot?
Our job has undergone a lot of change the last couple of years and this will continue into the future, being curious and eager of trying new things, sharing and learning from each other in a trusting environment helps us on this journey.
Who are you and what will be your main responsibilities?
We are looking for a person that can create trustful relations within and outside the Volvo Group. We are all leaders, and we want you to use your leadership skills to deliver on our different tasks and to drive change, pushing the current state. It’s important to have a technical interest to understand our products and parts and ability to put that in a supply chain context. You have a commercial mindset, as we are involved in both the selling and buying of parts. There is around 30000 new spare parts created each year, that all need our attention and several thousand of suppliers to interact with!
- Participating in the product development, to decide upon global commercial packaging solutions fulfilling Volvo Group branding, environmental, quality, and commercial requirements for spare parts
- Optimize commercial packaging cost in the total supply chain (for new and existing spare parts)
- Be the speaking partner for our suppliers to secure the optimal commercial packaging
- Take actions on feedback from stakeholders and adapt commercial packaging solutions, to continuously improve cost, quality, environment to create value for our customers
- Develop new packaging materials and solutions – focus on more sustainable solution
- We are on an automation and digitalization journey - we need you there!
- Our agile way of working helps us to have a clear focus & prioritization
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Automation and Mechatronics, Supply chain or similar work experience
- Experience from working with packaging operations, design or development is an advantage
- Experienced in using different IT tools i.e.,O365, CAD drawing tools, Programing, Volvo internal applications
- Knowledge in Volvo Group processes
- Supply chain experience
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent communications skills in English language, both verbal and written
- Knowledge and/or interest in office automation tools
Do you want to know more? Please contact:
Eva Fermheden, Manager Commercial Packaging Europe +46 31 3226449
Linda Skår Waldman, HRBP +46 31 3224444
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.