VGA is seeking applications from Heavy Vehicle Detailer to join our Workshop at Volvo Commercial Vehicles (VCV) Newcastle, in Bersefield. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for detailing of all New and Used Trucks while operating in a safe working environment. Key to the success of this rewarding new opportunity will be your ability to work autonomously without the need for supervision and attention to detail. You will have the opportunity be part of a collaborative team at VCV Newcastle and work with an impressive range of Volvo, Mack and UD Trucks and Volvo Buses.
About the role:
- Detailing of New and Used Trucks in an accurate and timely fashion
- Pickup and delivery of New and Used Trucks in a timely and safe fashion as required
- Preparation of New and Used Trucks for sale to ‘hand over’ standard
- On-site vehicle moves as required
- Current and valid Driver’s licence
- Minimum Class 5 (HR) heavy duty truck licence
- Good organisation and communications skills
- Excellent time management and ability to plan activities to meet expectation
- Knowledge of HS&E responsibilities
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Competitive pay rates + additional superannuation*
- 38 hour working week, fortnightly paid wages
- Service recognition
- A dedicated Health and Wellbeing program
- Discounted Private Health Insurance and Dental care
- A workplace that offers you the opportunity to do truly meaningful work in a supportive, constructive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.