Provide leadership and supervision at a departmental level in a production environment with the goal of meeting production objectives. Responsible for implementing safety, quality, delivery, continuous improvement and cost of the production processes as well as business plan objectives on the production floor cascaded by Business Team Leader.
Managerial position: Production Supervisor – Production Business Unit: Responsible for the production of Cab & Vehicle components and assemblies (Chassis, Cabs, or Engines) supporting the Mack Trucks brand in North America. Depending on product line, may include any or all of the following: assembly, test, and paint operations.
This is a first shift position. However must be flexible to work all three shifts and weekends when needed.
- Insure a safe work environment for all employees using a methodical approach to risk identification and mitigation
- Lead through a communicative leadership style, with 2 way communication and high employee engagement. Ensure all employees are aware of their responsibilities, how they contribute to the total result, and that they are recognized for performance
- Supervise blue collar workers
- Maintain accurate time and attendance records for all departmental employees; initiate and record corrective actions to address attendance issues
- Assess performance, competencies, and flexibility of employees within the department and initiate appropriate training, counselling, or corrective action to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of the employees
- Ensure the availability of skilled resources to consistently improve upon the performance of the department and readily adapt to evolving demands
- Create an environment of success with the expectation for continuous learning
- Deliver the agreed and committed overall objectives for the operation.
- Participate in the development of departmental budgets and objectives.
- Ensure that the operation is clearly formulated and motivated to achieve the GTO - Lehigh Valley Operations total business plan and strategy. Apply Hoshin Kanri (A3) objective cascading methodology.
- Champion the culture aimed at giving a strong image of the unit and align with AB Volvo values and principles (The Volvo Way, Code of Conduct etc).
- Understand and apply the principles of lean manufacturing. Utilize the techniques and methodologies of the Volvo Production System (VPS).
- Initiate countermeasure with follow up process and improvement projects.
- Actively support overall company programs and policies.
- Understand the collective bargaining unit agreements and collaborate with union officials
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance, or ambiguity
- Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to manage change
- Demonstrated knowledge of the manufacturing business
- Experience in a team-based environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple conflicting projects to successful conclusion
- Fosters diversity and promotes the development of direct reports through mentoring/ coaching and empowerment to increase skill sets and talent levels of the team
Fulfillment of financial and operational KPI’s for the operation such as:
- Safety - Lost Time Accident Frequency Rate
- Variable Cost per Unit
- Employee Engagement
- Cost of Poor Quality
- On-time delivery
- Overall Equipment Efficiency
- # Improvements Per Employee
- Associates Degree and three (3) years’ technical experience in a manufacturing environment OR five years minimum combined education and experience within a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- Minimum three (3) years’ supervisory/managerial experience in an manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of SAP
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.