Are you passionate about creating customer value and pioneering new services based on market and customer insights? Then the Innovation Lab at Volvo Group Connected Solutions is the place for you to prosper. Our agile teams work together with customers, partners, start-ups, and the different brands of the Volvo Group to find the next horizon of growth. Welcome to our world!
We are now looking for a service designer that will capture customer insights and translate them to service concepts and be part of our team.
This is us, your new colleagues
Here you will meet passionate pioneers across a variety of disciplines, ranging from innovation managers and software developers to service designers and data scientists. Together we share knowledge, overcome challenges, and celebrate success. Our office is in the thriving Lindholmen area in Gothenburg.
A service designer at the Innovation Lab helps all brands of the Volvo Group to invent the future by creating magic service experiences that improve our customers’ and users’ everyday life at construction sites, on roads, in city streets, on waters and in industrial contexts. The service designer empathizes with customers to identify and understand their problems and pain points, uncovering customer and business needs, and takes a holistic approach so that the entire service experience and all its touch points are designed with the user at the center.
- Finding the next horizon of sustainable growth for the Volvo Group
- Working with innovation in new services and solutions from idea generation to new ventures, thereby creating better customer experiences and new business growth for the Volvo Group
- Producing customer insights through interviews and customer journeys
- Creating service concepts and manifesting these in service blueprints
- Making mock-ups and visualization of services
- Participating in rapid prototyping and pilots of design concepts together with customers
- Acting as product owner towards technical teams
The position reports to the Director Business Innovation & Foresight and is part of the Volvo Group Connected Solutions Innovation Lab.
Who are you?
You are a talented service designer, art/creative director, marketer, or service researcher who wants to push the boundaries in the design of services and solutions for Volvo’s brands.
You should have proven experience from:
- Designing services in a business-to-business context and understand their business models and challenges
- Methods such as business model design, value proposition canvas, customer journey and service blueprint
- Proactively identifying, packaging, and communicating new business opportunities
- Creating, expressing, and presenting visual design concepts
- Design thinking and lean start-up methodology
You should also:
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Be eager to create and innovate and drive ideas forward
- Network, communicate, lead workshops, and present with ease
- Like to work in a fast paced, multicultural, and diverse environment
- Be characterized by humility, integrity, and creativity
- Take responsibility for the quality of what we deliver together
- Have humor, because in the end, working here should be fun!
The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Occasional travel is expected.
Are we the perfect match?
If this sounds like the next step in your career, send in your application no later than November 21. We will make ongoing selections of applications during until the closing date.
Curious, and have some questions? Call us!
For more information, please contact Hans Lind, Director Business Innovation & Foresight +46 73 902 89 40.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 1 000 000 Volvo customer assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.