The Volvo Trucks North America New River Valley Plant is located adjacent to the Blueridge mountains in Dublin,Virginia. The NRV Plant is the largest plant globally within the Volvo Truck Group and is home to 100% of all Volvo trucks produced for the North America market.
With 2 million square feet under roof, on a site of over 550 acres the New River Valley Plant is poised to continue it’s growth with new product and industrial projects.
We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusiveness to make us a stronger and better organization. As a global company, international collaboration is a daily activity. We pride ourselves in sharing techniques globally, but also promote implementing employee driven ideas from site to site.
If you are ready for meaningful challenges and are eager to make a difference, we invite you to apply for the Environmental Engineer position with our company. This is an opportunity to be part of a technically strong site based environmental, sustainability and energy team. At Volvo Trucks New River Valley, we are excited for the opportunities ahead and hope that talented individuals like yourself will join us on this journey.
promote employee engagement and think outside of the box with a positive attitude.
Job Summary/Core Responsibilities
Lead- Energy/Sustainability Program (ESP)
• Lead the vision for the ESP program through technical expertise, effective communication, strategy development and business processes that align with plant and corporate goals.
• Continue to build and lead a cross functional team that strives for a more sustainable future and a carbon neutral footprint in all that we do.
• Partner with internal teams and external vendors to ensure understanding and implementation of energy and sustainablity initiatives.
• Manage ISO50001 activities and reporting elements.
Support- Environmental Compliance Program (ECP)
• Multi-media environmental permitting and compliance activities
• Title V air permitting requirements and oversight.
• Environmental database and tracking system initiatives
• Routine communications with regulatory agencies
• Plant compliance oversight and recordkeeping requirements
• Environmental inspection/audit activities
Scope and Influence:
• Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action.
• Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results.
• Decision Quality: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
• Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
• Continuous Improvement: Volvo Production System (VPS), Environmental and Energy Pillar, continuous improvement goals and activities. Including but not limited to Focus Area Reviews and communications.
• Interpersonal Influence: Building strong work relationships and adjusting to how individuals, organizational units, and cultures; team oriented.
• Change Facilitation: Functioning as a catalyst for change and finding ways to overcome organizational obstacles and personal resistance to needed changes.
• Excellent technical, critical, and creative thinking, judgment, time management, and problem-solving skills.
• Comes up with new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
• Ability to communicate effectively within various teams and work environments.
Minimum Education Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or Applied Sciences.
Minimum Years of Experience Required:
• Four (4) years of related work experience required.
Other Desired Requirements:
• Sustainability and energy program certifications/experience
• Extensive experience with Title V air permitting
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Environmental compliance experience in areas of air permitting, hazardous waste, wastewater and stormwater.
• Master’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or Applied Sciences
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.