Relocation assistance is available.
- Work within a project team that delivers high-quality products in an Agile delivery environment
- Build innovative solutions and technologies to improve quality and performance.
- Interact with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Analyze user stories for validity and feasibility
- Conduct impact analysis and create estimates
- Develop effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Contribute to technical alternatives for complex business problems and roadmaps.
- Work with Volvo Group security and architecture teams to ensure systems meet standards
- Develop unit test cases to verify code
- Participate and support in all levels of testing (System, Integration, Regression, Load, and Performance)
- Perform design review to help identify coding defects, discrepancies in requirements and help resolve issues with appropriate developers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Develop production support documentation and provide support for production issues
- Participates and supports release process
- Participates in the development and support of Deployment tools and standard procedures.
- Identify changes that make the system(s) more efficient and/or reduces operation or maintenance costs.
- Identify and contribute to the optimization and continuous improvement of group’s Way of Working
- Maintain and support existing systems
- Minimum of 7 years relevant IT professional experience from application development, showing increased level of responsibilities and performance over time.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members in different geographies.
- Excellent written (Business & Technical), verbal and listening communication skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- 7+ years of experience with object-oriented programming
- 7+ years of experience with hands-on Java programming including Java EE
- Java 8 and up, with proficiency on the following libraries and the concepts supported by them:
- Messaging (JMS)
- Spring and Spring Boot
- Web MVC
- Testing and mocking
- Angular and the mainstream ecosystem:
- HTML 5 and CSS3
- Relational databases: Oracle and/or PostgreSQL
- Docker containers
- Test Driven Development
- Agile principles
- GIT source control
- Web APIs
- Experience working with WebSphere (8.5 or higher) and JBOSS (version 6 and up) (deployment experience a plus)
- Container orchestration: Kubernetes and/or OpenShift
- Application production support experience in a fast-paced, client-focused environment
- Proven experience simultaneously supporting multiple existing applications
- Knowledge of customer order management and processing systems &/or manufacturing systems
- Ability to self-manage with minimal direction
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.