At Volvo Group Trucks Technology Electro-mobility, we are currently looking for Diagnostic Engineer to join out fantastic team working on system simulation and data analytics of Electro-mobility solution.
What do we do?
We are Verification, Simulation and Safety in Electro-mobility, a dynamic section providing world-class solutions for electro-mobility systems and delivering customer values for Volvo business units such as trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine applications.
Electro-mobility is one of the fast-growing and main development areas within Volvo Group, which is at the forefront of sustainable transport solutions for tomorrow.
Sound interesting? We want you to join us!
What will you do?
You will have close cross-functional collaboration with colleagues from different parts of the entity, from sales and purchasing to component design actually sitting close to you. You along with the team will be responsible for understanding customer usage and performance of our products and for providing our solutions throughout entire product life cycle, from idea investigation and concept evaluation to industrialization and to aftermarket and maintenance!
Who are you?
We believe that, to be successful in the position, you are a team player and have strong experience in simulation and analysis area. You have automotive or electrical system development experience working in cross-functional teams. You have a willingness to learn and take more responsibility with can-do attitude.
We also believe that you have:
- BSc. Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Engineering Physics
- MSc. Electrical engineering, Computer Science, or Engineering Physics (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience from automotive industry
- Embedded SW or other SW development experience
- Electrical Architecture experience
- Diagnostic data analysis experience
- OBD monitoring experience
- Data mining and data preparation for function development
- Diagnostics Service Concepts
- Aftermarket process and tools
- Deliver result independently
- Good knowledge of electrical architecture and software development
- Knowledge about data communication, telematics and truck services
- Vehicle system (Embedded SW) knowledge.
- Knowledge of truck and bus applications
- Computer skills such as:
- UDS on CAN, Python, Canoe, Canalyzer, Robot framework, Business and data modelling, Domain driven design, JAVA Script, Dev Ops, Azure, Polymer, Virtual methods, Data Analytics, Machine learning, Model Based Design
- PySpark, Pandas, SQL (preferred)
- Customer Operation and concepts knowledge
- Leadership and collaborative ability in an agile environment
- Change management – from idea to implementation
- Result oriented, challenging the current normal
- Analytic skills
- Fluent in English - verbal and written
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or want to know more about this role.
Hiring Manager: Jae Lee, Manager Data Analytics & Emob Services, Electro-mobility, +46 739028031
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.