Group Accounting & Consolidation is a function within Group Reporting Tax & Control, responsible for the governance of the Volvo Group consolidation process, development and implementation of accounting policies (IFRS) for the Volvo Group and the external financial reporting including related processes. This responsibility includes ownership of accounting instructions, timetables and structures in financial systems.
We are now looking for a Group Accounting Specialist willing to take on exciting challenges in an organization committed to deliver quality and efficiency in financial reporting.
As a Group Accounting Specialist, you will work with all kinds of interesting and complex accounting issues. You will be a part of the IFRS/Legal accounting team. The team’s areas of responsibility include tax, mergers and acquisitions, equity and post-employment benefits, to name a few.
Your main area of responsibility will be the accounting of income taxes in the group’s consolidated financials, according to IAS 12. It is an exciting and interesting position where you will cooperate with co-workers across the globe and members of the Group Tax department, to understand tax issues and ensure an accurate reflection in the group books. You will also take part in key projects where an understanding of tax and tax accounting is required.
You will contribute in several of the team’s areas of responsibility and prepare parts of the annual report and quarterly external reports, and keep applicable Group Accounting Instructions and Policies up to date.
You are curious and don’t hesitate to embrace complex questions to gain an overall understanding. You are not afraid to take decisions, but you have a feeling for when anchoring is needed.
Within Group Accounting you will be part of a global and diverse team of skilled and high-performance professionals who work with passion and trust each other in an open and positive atmosphere with a lot of discussions and laughs. Even though everyone has their own area of expertise we are willing to give each other a helping hand when needed.
- Functional leadership for your area of responsibility
- Cooperate with stakeholders in different parts of the Group to analyze and ensure proper accounting treatment of business transactions
- Contribute in setting and maintaining Group accounting policies and develop user-friendly accounting instructions
- Communication with external auditors
- Ad-Hoc analysis
- Participate in projects
- Academic degree in Accounting
- Minimum of five years’ accounting experience preferably combined with consolidation experience
- Experience from an Audit firm and/or the accounting department of a large company or group
- Proficient in IFRS, especially IAS 12
- Ability to work independently
- Significant experience from multi-cultural and global finance operations
- Fluent in English and Swedish both verbal and written
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaboration skills
To be successful in this position
- You have a solution-oriented mindset and deal with different matters in a logical and structured manner
- You have a can-do-attitude and are not afraid of taking own initiative
- You have a genuine interest in accounting combined with analytical skills and are looking to develop your skills in these areas
- You have an open attitude to work in a changing environment (flexible)
- You have high integrity and are a true team player and you contribute with good team spirit.
We can offer you
- An opportunity to work and develop in an open atmosphere with highly skilled and experienced co-workers
- The possibility to contribute in the day-to-day delivery and in key projects at the Group Accounting & Consolidation department of Volvo Group
- An international environment with colleagues around the globe
For more information please contact:
Walldén Anki: +46 73 9021557
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Finance contributes to realizing the vision of the Volvo Group by developing and providing a wide range of expert services from financial planning to accounting, business controlling, M&As, real estate services, financial reporting and investor relations. With Volvo Group Finance you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.