The purpose of this job is to research and define new requests for customer adaptations requested by the Customer (internal and external). Under limited supervision, performs engineering functions that support the mission of the unit, department and/or GTO. Position involves significant contact with Structure Analysts, Sales Engineers, Customer Engineering and Product Development, Purchasing and other internal groups and vendors to achieve expected results. This position requires the ability to interpret the principles, theories and concepts related to an area of assignment.
- Work cross functionally with business operations including Customer Engineering and Product Development departments, Materials, Sales/Marketing, Purchasing, vendors and legal department in order to provide Order Engineering with information and availability for various customer requests which are not offered as published options to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for providing costs and lead-times for customer requested options by utilizing product knowledge to research option availability. Utilize vendor information, and engineering practices as guidelines to determine if customer requested options are feasible, and adaptable with standard product offerings.
- Provide structure guidelines by issuing Product Design Change Notices for new options to ensure correct variant combinations and restrictions are in product structure to provide sales personnel and Customer Engineering visibility of additional product offerings.
- Support DSSC by providing guidance, suggestions and variant information for the quoting state of a possible order.
- Propose new CA variants and work directly with KOLA personnel in GTT to obtain codes for entering as an unpublished offering.
- Write technical descriptions as required for requests for new Customer Adaptations which require engineering hours.
- Maintain order/quote release to acceptable levels (KPI).
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before releasing it.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively.
- Conceptual Thinking: Understanding how elements, problems, and situations are related to each other and to the larger environment.
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of Customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required - or higher - standards, pitching in to get the job done.
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged.
- Ownership/Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance.
- Quality Advocate: Championing the quality process by reinforcing the organization's vision, quality values, and quality processes and by fostering the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Special Requirements: Understanding of overall business operations, including Marketing, Purchasing, Production, Engineering, Legal and Compliance, good PC and networking skills; prior GTO experience preferred.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum education and experience requirements can be met through any one of the pathways described in the charts below. Please note: In order to meet the minimum requirements, each item listed within the pathway chart must be met. In the event there are no bidders and we must recruit externally, experience with similar outside systems may be substituted.
|Education||2 year||Associate Degree in Design and Drafting, Engineering Technology, or other related degree|
|Experience||4 years||Design or related experience|
|Education||4 year||Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering|
The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by people assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel as classified.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.