You have here a great opportunity to join the Contingent Workforce team as Commodity Buyer for Consultants Services such as IT consultants, Engineering Services consultants and temporary workers.
Commodity Buyer is a key position within VOLVO Group Trucks Purchasing. You will interact with different Volvo entities in Sweden, France and Belgium, among others and your contribution is key to secure the deliveries of our projects. You will have a continental purchasing responsibility which will focus on areas such as: optimizing the supplier base, contribute and implement segment strategy, securing competitive and quality secured agreements, developing best practice purchasing processes, benchmarking and reporting with the aim to drive continuous improvement within the segment.
An important part of the job is also to interact and collaborate with other parts of the Volvo Group and represent purchasing in related key stakeholder forums.
- Manage the segment(s) in a QDCFTSR mindset.
- Contribute to the development of the segment strategy and purchasing process to support Volvo’s strategic objectives.
- Strengthening Volvo’s competitive advantage by understanding the business needs and the supplier market.
- Manage and develop the supplier base, using categorization, segmentation, evaluation, etc. in order to establish the appropriate levels of relationship.
- Prepare and report Key Performance Indicators development to key stakeholders.
- Lead or support large/regional/global sourcing projects or ad-hoc purchases within the segment.
- Drive optimization, synergies and share best practices within the Volvo Group.
- Negotiate upcoming request and contracts with suppliers
- We would like to welcome you to our team where positive attitude, perseverance and focus on continuous improvement are a must.
- We believe you are a supportive team player and are comfortable working with different cultures, people and also cross functionally.
- The ability to take ownership of various tasks is necessary and problem solving skills in combination with analytical mind set is a must. We also think that you are result oriented and like doing business.
- We can offer you a very dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to personally grow and develop your skills.
- Master of Science or Business Administration
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience of working with Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Project management knowledge.
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change.
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
Volvo Group takes first place in Happy at Work ranking 2019 in the category of companies with more than 5,000 employees. We also received the "the Great Place to Work" label awarded to the best companies where the employee experience is based on trust in relationships and equality for all. So don't hesitate any longer, apply now!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.