The Supervisor of Operations in Maintenance (Industrial, Services, Facilities and Utilities) is responsible for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Environmental, Cost and People initiatives, through the effective utilization of all talents and resources.
This position will be required to work cross functionally with Maintenance, Real State, Services, Industrial Engineering, Process, Logistics, Quality, HR, Production and other technical groups to manage properly: people and assets, reducing costs, equipment failure frequencies and improving the overall availability.
This position will work 100% based on VPS and WCM methodology used at NRV Plant.
Supervise and direct the activities of both skilled and non-skilled employees in any shift or Shop the Maintenance shifts, or Shops. (including vehicle mechanics, maintenance mechanics, electricians, multicrafts, machinists, hazmat, technicians, engineers, storeroom personnel , helpers and apprentices).
- Ensure all safety regulations are enforced and followed
- Maintain current working knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations and Volvo Corporate Environmental requirements, including but not limited to the RCRA – Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (as it relates to maintaining equipment and processes that are regulated by the air permit), Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (as it relates to storm water drains and runoff to local waterways), US-DOT Department of Transportation (as it relates to shipping waste and chemicals), and the OSHA 8-hour HAZWOPER requirements (as it relates to the communications and actions required for responding to spill emergencies). The advisor will assure that he/she and all direct reports performing related duties governed by these regulations shall receive initial and scheduled refresher training as described in the ISO-14001 EMS training matrix and perform their duties in accordance with that training
- For the Emergency Coordinator and Alternate Emergency Coordinator identified in the Contingency Plan, be prepared to perform the duties of the RCRA Emergency Coordinator during an environmental emergency
- Act as a shift Leader, for the business area concerning Industrial, Facilities and Utilities Maintenance and Production needs, accountable for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Environmental and People concerns on a daily basis. Instruct and manage Maintenance and Production team members
- Conduct shift meetings and organize performance reporting by business area
- Contribute to the total quality philosophy by sustaining an environment where all employees are customer focused and have increased opportunities to contribute to the success of the enterprise and the security of their future
- Responsible for promoting and reporting employees’ ideas and suggestions, utilize, lead and teach the VPS Continuous Improvement methods and Tools to improve SQDCEP by implementing effective measurement systems and effective improvements.
- Work jointly with UAW officials to achieve an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect
- Development of team members by demonstrating and instructing new skills and roles necessary to function in a Total Quality Environment
- Champion the “Quality in Station” and “Zero mindset” philosophies to all within spheres of influence
- Utilization of Maintenance and Production data to address correctly any issues, review the dowtime for area of responsibility to track the worst offenders and to take actions to improve it, OLE/OEE (availability, performance and quality), MTBF and MTTR of those machines and perform follow up of the results
- Lead EWO meetings for area of responsibility and work with cross functional team to help drive to the root cause elimination.
- Work closely with Production schedulers, programing and support areas to guarantee volume delivery and healthy machines availability by proper Preventive and Proactive Maintenance strategy
- Executes and improve EMAT/SMAT process, takes and delegates assigned actions.
- Identify needs, execute, schedule trainings based on people development plans
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished trust in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
Additional Required Competencies:
- Command Skills: Relishes leading; takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate but isn't afraid to end it and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges
- Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology with three (3) or more years of experience supervising teams in Industrial, Facilities and Utilities Maintenance and Production environment.
Associate’s Degree with five (5) years of experience of the same mentioned above.
Preference given to past Production/Maintenance supervision / management in Truck or Automotive business with knowledge of electrical controls systems, PLC’S, variable frequency drives, Robotics and electrical components; or Mechanics.
Minimum Years of Experience Required:
- Three (3) years’ supervision experience required with educational requirements
- Ten (10) years in Industrial Maintenance supervision experience required without educational requirements
- Volvo Production System and Continuous Improvement knowledge
- CMMS – Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good understanding of the commercial vehicle industry
- Leadership Training – Covey or Equal
- Team building and dynamics
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.