- Responsible for equipment documentation and updating drawings, as needed, for modifications
- Specify and quantify recommended spare parts by creation of spare parts ledgers and working with Central Stores, as needed, to ensure parts. Work with Central Stores on replacement of obsolete parts
- Check the data of emergency work orders to execute plans to address any issues
- Participate in EWO meetings for area of responsibility to help drive to root cause
- Generate monthly reports, as needed, for maintenance engineering activities and KPI’s of area of responsibility
- Work closely with Suppliers to improve equipment up-time
- Support and perform Kiazen projects, as related to Maintenance Engineering
- Provide technical support to Maintenance on repairs of equipment in emergency situations
- Give support, where required, to create OPL’s for Autonomous Maintenance
- Maintains and updates the plant equipment standard by working with various Maintenance Staff Members
- Perform design work to reduce equipment weak points
- Must be able to work any shift to reach group objectives
- Instruct and manage hourly employees on Maintenance Engineering Projects and CBM activities
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished trust in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
- Learning-On-The-Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything
- Peer Relationships: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Self-Development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits
- Standing Alone: Will stand up and be counted; doesn't shirk personal responsibility; can be counted on when times are tough; willing to be the only champion for an idea or position; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment
- Technical Learning: Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge - like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars
Additional Required Competencies:
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions
- Informing: Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology with four (4) or more years of experience in an Industrial Maintenance environment with knowledge of industrial automation and controls; or
- Associate’s Degree with ten (10) years of experience of the same mentioned above.
- Preference given to past maintenance reliability engineering experience.
Minimum Years of Experience Required:
- Four (4) years of Engineering experience required with educational requirements
- Ten (10) years of Engineering experience required without educational requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficient English communication: written and verbal
- Proficient in AutoCAD
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.