This position is being offered on a 2 year term.
About the role:
- Gather inputs from production processes, design and develop tooling and equipment to support safe and efficient assembly of trucks
- Work with cross-functional team to develop scope of work documents for requesting quote for tooling and equipment solutions from potential service providers and develop business cases
- Work with internal and external service providers to manufacture fixtures and assembly aids and construction trades contractors for installation of utilities (electric, compressed air, data, etc.) for tools and equipment
- Work with internally developed tooling request system to provide status of tool development process and financial updates
- Work in product-change and industrial projects to support needs of tooling and equipment and facilitate / participate in detailed design reviews of new tooling and equipment
- Work with maintenance team in the development of tooling and equipment standards to ensure new equipment design incorporates best practices from previous implementations and input from Volvo global experts
- Promotes manufacturing safety and efficiency through implementation of ergonomic application and safety awareness.
- Comply with the PE/ Quality Tooling and Disposal Registers to ensure compliance with local and legislative requirements and ISO Quality and environment system.
- Under guidance and supervision, work with prioritised and structured workload to achieve monthly throughput KPI, and work towards the strategic goals of the Manufacturing Engineering department.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and working towards or attained Chartered Status, RPEQ are highly desirable
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant trade Certificate and extensive manufacturing engineering experience
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D drawing packages with Mechanical design and engineering and MS office skills
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems, communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to manage change.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering concepts, manufacturing, the product, production standards and efficiency optimization tools; process oriented and project management skills
- Proven ability to react to issues affecting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue, developing a feasible action plan, and following it through to successful completion
- Possesses strong analytical skills and demonstrated focus on process and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Experience in concepts / designing bespoke tooling and equipment requirements ideally within the heavy truck manufacturing industry.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.