The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment, marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Group IT provides fit-for-purpose IT solutions enabling Volvo Group success and our ambition is to put the Volvo Group and our customers ahead of competition.
We are now looking for a Solution Architect
As a leading IT service organization with its two feet in the digitization world, Volvo Group IT is eager to onboard open, data-minded, business and tech-savvy personalities, that share our passion to provide best-in-class platforms, products and solutions for our customers.
The Solution Architect has the responsibility to drive the development of the solution architecture for projects. He / She is responsible to secure the overall quality in IT projects by guiding the design according to proven principles and facilitating intentional, fact-based decisions. Effectively communicating how the technical design supports business goals is a core component of your responsibility.
AS A SOLUTION ARCHITECT YOU:
- Secure the overall architectural quality in the IT project
- Make fact-based architecture decisions assuring maximal business value with minimal effort, while keeping the total cost of ownership as low as possible
- Proactively identify architectural issues and concerns and define pragmatic and appropriate solutions
- Lead and coordinate the overall architectural work within projects, covering all included solutions
- Deliver appropriate artefacts to clearly communicate business, information, application, integration and technology architectures typically in the context of projects
- Raise architectural issues and concerns
- Ensure that the solution design is in line with the Volvo Group target architecture and architectural principles
- Support Enterprise Architects with defining the Volvo Group target architecture
- Strive for understanding the busines and business capabilities
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Recognized university level degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years of experience as solution architect
- At least 5 years of experience as software architect / lead developer
- Experience running several solution architectures projects
- Experience leading projects through architectural decisions and implementations
- Experience in designing api/event/microservice architecture in a cloud-based environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry, specifically loan/lease agreements, payment processing and financial regulations is a plus
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
Leader profile with the skills required to be a role model for the IT-solution development team in balancing business requirements and architectural decisions
- Ability to present architectural decisions to technical and non-technical audiences
- Goal-oriented, positive attitude to deliver against targets
- Strong problem solving & analysis skills: identifying, structuring and tackling a problem situation
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Good communication skills, fluent in English (oral and written)
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience with Agile practices and “can do” mindset
- Good understanding of design patterns and principles
- Solid architectural foundation, including methodologies and technologies (API’s, Cloud, design patterns)
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.