Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket.
The Hagerstown workshop utilizes a variety of mechanical skills in the assembly, disassembly, overhaul, installation, and teardown of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical prototype or production components required for testing. This includes engines, transmissions, axles, aftertreatments and all related components.
- Prototype assembling, disassembly, installation, removal and/or teardown of test objects to support testing activities in test cells and vehicles both in laboratory and in field.
- In cooperation with design department to contribute to instructions and methods development for test objects assembly and disassembly.
- Respond to the development of components, and participate in the preparation, duration, completion, and post follow-up of the test.
- Involvement with mechanical expertise in installations in various applications.
- Stop and intervene in case of safety matters for people, facilitates or equipment.
- Perform or contribute to procedures, training or technical instructions.
- Working knowledge of environmental policies and procedures per ISO 14001 and ISO 9000.
- Other work as may be required by management from time to time.
- Occasional travel to support vehicle expeditions.
Our teams are hardworking and members are supportive of each other. In order to complement your colleagues you will need to exhibit characteristics such as:
- Attention to Detail: Follow instructions and procedures and provide accurate data to engineers.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive response to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Basic Computer Skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years post high school training/education in diesel mechanics OR diesel certificate equivalent; AND either must have a minimum of 3 years diesel powertrain mechanic experience OR those without formal post high school education in diesel must have a minimum of 8 years of relevant diesel mechanic experience
- CDL preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Action oriented with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Motivated to solve problems and develop quality solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to successfully collaborate with global and cross-functional colleagues
- Innovative mindset with customer focus
- Authorized to work in the United States required
- Must pass a basic skills test
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.