Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day.
Purpose of Position:
As Mack IT Services and Solutions Manager, you will work with the Mack Truck & Volvo North America organization and supporting functions to support, plan and deliver solutions supporting the company’s strategic soft product and services objectives. The role will provide an effective liaison between business departments, steering committees as well as IT Services and external vendors providing IT related services.
Drive process and solution improvements
- Meet with Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks NA business stakeholders and perform an initial assessment of roadmaps related to offering Soft Products and Services, understand and define business need and value.
- Coordinate with other Volvo Group business areas; utilize best practices and leverage synergies when possible.
- Formulate recommendations and solutions based on business needs, capabilities and limitations.
- Present findings and suggestions with ample justification and practical advice.
- Facilitate workshops for continuous improvement activities and lead task forces.
- Benchmark best practices with other business areas and outside the Volvo Group.
- Clearly document As-Is and To-Be processes, identify gaps and drive needed changes.
- Support Group Trucks NA - all fora in understanding, accepting and prioritizing investment requests for establishing the foundations for the business.
- Escalate issues according to established procedures, recommending future enhancements for process & solution roadmap.
- Promote and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, e.g. key users.
- Represent Group Trucks NA in relevant global forums and projects.
- Support ongoing strategic projects with cross functional business knowledge.
- Secure and follow up on business case realization for all initiatives.
- Support roadmap development, IT strategies and execution.
- Recommend alternatives and solutions to management, analysts and developers in their knowledge domain.
- Leadership Skills
- Skilled at facilitating meetings and workshops
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent written (Business & Technical), verbal and listening communication skills as well as negotiation and technical talents with ability to interface at all levels.
- Proven capability in application data modeling, activity diagrams, process flows
- Creation of Functional Business Requirements documentation, and Business and Data Model documentation.
- Experience in creating and/or detailing Use Cases or User Stories in standard and Agile deployments.
- Change Management skills and experience.
- Deep elicitation techniques experience
- Project Management skills and experience.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement or lean methodology.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving mindset across multiple complex systems
- Requirement and stakeholder management throughout organizational levels.
- Minimum 5 years Business Analysis or related experience.
- Strong interest in business process and IT development.
- Team Player - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to ensure effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong understanding of Solution Management Process (SMP).
- Good understanding of the Volvo Group Businesses.
- Proficiency in English.
- Leadership skills.
- Analytical mind with aptitude in creative problem-solving.
- In-depth knowledge of existing DtR processes & solutions.
- Familiarity with dealer & customer aftermarket operations.
- Ability to assess & analyze business needs and determine appropriate solutions to be utilized.
Essential Educational and/or Training Qualifications and Certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in supporting Go to Market Strategies and Product Marketing.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge:
- 5-8 years’ experience in related domains
- Formal training in leadership, communication and people skills
- Broad knowledge of diverse business areas (Sales, Aftermarket, Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing)
- Solid understanding of IT projects, deliveries and methodologies
- Experience working in a complex global organization
- Product and Service development and support
- Deliver Customer Loyalty process flows
- Vehicle or Fleet Telematics
- FMS, DMS or other commercial transport experience
- Business understanding of financial systems (specifically invoicing and reporting)
- Documenting and validating the As-Is and the To-Be processes
- SAFe and Agile methodologies
- Occasional travel required.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.