Our DNA it’s about innovation and here we are to make a difference. Are you a leader who wants to bring passion and coaching into our committed teams and be part of changing the future for coming generations?
If you see yourself working in a global network with a strong engineering community that challenges you to combine your strategic approach with more hands on attitude and where you will have the opportunity to influence Volvo Buses future challenges, then this position it's your next challenge!
- Manage the interactions and relations with site SCM, Global PD/CA, PE and MQA.
- Manage the purchasing related activities with site / country (SIPD activities after production supplier selection, BRMs, LPS, Supplier improvement programs, CR workshops, etc).
- Follow-up contracts and agreements with suppliers and ensure implementation of agreed terms and conditions,
- Ensure suppliers readiness for production, including all needed system updates, capacity development, tooling, etc.
- Supports supplier sourcing selections
- Monitor the quality performance of his supplier base and take action in case of deviation toward the objectives.
- Ensure and coach team to implement improvement activities at the supplier facilities.
- Represent Purchasing in project, purchasing, material and quality assurance matters internally and externally.
- Take part in defining the strategic vision for Purchasing in support of organizational objectives.
- Develop and implement tools and practices as needed to achieve cost objectives.
- Manage all project and operational supplier relations, after supplier selection decision
- University graduated
- 8 years of purchasing and related areas
- Ability to operate under time pressure
- Preferably experience from the automotive industry.
- Fluent in English and local language when necessary
- Business oriented mindset
- Ability to take initiatives, drive change and implement improvements
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to adapt/interface with the culture of team members and stakeholders with various background and cultures
- Experience in relationship with suppliers
- Structured with good analytical skills
- Preventive mindset but also leadership when it comes to solve problems or to take decisions
- Ability to create networks and to lead cross functional activities within multi-cultural teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong continuous improvement skills
- According to Volvo Group Authority process.
- Stop purchase of material not conforming to quality demands.
- Make recommendation for approval or refusal of the sourcing cases presented in relevant Sourcing Committee.
- See Authorization Directives for Automotive Purchasing in Financial handbook.
Volvo Buses se impulsa con el objetivo de garantizar que millones de personas lleguen a su destino todos los días de forma fiable, segura y respetando el medio ambiente. Queremos marcar la diferencia, siendo pioneros en las soluciones de transporte sostenibles del futuro. Queremos ayudar a los clientes, ofreciéndoles tiempo de actividad y fiabilidad, en todo el mundo, todos los días. Volvo Buses lidera el mayor cambio tecnológico del transporte público en décadas, gracias a nuestra oferta de electromovilidad. Trabajamos con pasión, confiamos unos en los otros y adoptamos cambios para mantener el liderazgo. Así logramos que nuestros clientes triunfen.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.