Role (Purpose of the job)
This position reports to the President and is responsible for advising and driving all legal & compliance matters which affect VFS China. He/she supports and collaborates with business functions to provide strategic legal advice in pursuit of VFS China objectives and values, ensuring that VFS China operations comply with all local laws and regulatory requirements as well as corporate policies.
- Supervises and works with legal team members to provide full legal support to daily business operation, including but not limited to new product design, HR, IT and other areas;
- Drafts and reviews important documents and agreements;
- Supervises litigation cases;
- Supervises and works with team member on company secretary matters;
- Coordinates with external law firms;
- Other work assigned by management ;
- Supports initiatives of VFS HQ legal & compliance team;
- Monitors legislation changes;
- Support business in managing legal considerations with commercial priorities
Corporate and regulatory compliance
- Supervises and works with team on corporate compliance matters, such as anti-corruption, data protection, competition law etc.;
- Supervises and works with Compliance Officer to manage day-to-day regulatory compliance matters to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and Group policies.
- Supervises and works with team on AML compliance;
- Monitors and ensures proper regular reporting to the regulatory authorities.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of company’s policies and procedures to meet regulatory and Group’s standards including providing relevant training.
- Coordinates with Internal Auditor to identify and remedy control gaps.
- Develops and maintains close and effective relationships with regulatory authorities and monitors regulatory changes.
Main Competence Requirements
- Degree in Law
- PRC Bar
- At least 7 years’ legal experience in a law firm, a bank or a multinational company advising in the areas of financial services and asset-based lending
- Solid knowledge of all legal aspects, such as contract law, property law and corporate law with experience drafting commercial finance agreements such as leases, loans, inventory financing agreements, guarantees etc.
- Strong commercial focus
- Strong leadership skills, sense of responsibility, good work ethics, logical thinking and project management.
- Strong communication skill, good interpersonal and analysis skill; team player
- Strong interest / adept in working on innovative matters and products in the financial services industry
- Experience in interacting with financial regulators
- Excellent written and spoken communication skill in both English and Mandarin.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.