We are looking for an employee to spearhead vehicle platform development in North America for Mack and Volvo Trucks. As vehicle platform engineer for the North American Vehicle Strategy team you will ensure that the unique requirements of the North American market are understood and included into the global platform development. You will look for opportunities and make sure that we are utilizing the available global architecture in our future planning and roadmaps.
This is us, your new colleagues
The North American Vehicle Strategy team are experts in Vehicle and Geometric Architecture who investigate concepts and develop roadmaps for our future products. We lead studies, working cross-functionally, both locally and Globally to secure these plans.
This is how you could make an impact
This is an exciting time in our industry with technological and social shifts driving rapid product evolution. In order to optimize our products we must manage integration with the Global Platform so we can leverage the best available designs and technologies from throughout the Volvo Group. The North American market and applications have uniqueness and in this role you would network locally to ensure these are fully understood and then advocate for them Globally. This will be vital to ensuring we keep pace with the fast moving changes in technology.
What you will do in this role:
- Lead and perform vehicle platform studies and determine architectural changes to meet future needs.
- Lead North American coordination with Global Platform Architects in the CAST organization
- Lead and coordinate execution of global platform development for defined projects and streams.
- Define platform prerequisites for product updates in North America.
- Define interfaces and boundary conditions in streams and projects.
Who are you?
- We are looking for someone who has a drive and energy, and who can manage and lead technical development and balance different viewpoints.
- You are analytical and structured as you will work with a complex product diversity and you need to identify and structure complex dependencies.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Master’s degree Preferred.
- Years of experience 8-12 years in automotive or related
- Specific knowledge of the Volvo/Mack Product or several years of experience in Product Development, Heavy Truck industry.
- Good understanding of Heavy Truck customer applications and requirements.
- Good vehicle knowledge including the product defining requirements and relations on complete vehicle or sub-vehicle area level.
- Expertise in area of modular architecture, ability to coach and provide knowledge transfer.
- Ideally you have insight in the current vehicle architecture and how it has evolved over time with its strengths and weaknesses.
- Competence in Creo is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.